Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think that we have finally found a solution to our fussy eater :D ,

Whilst having a look around our local pet shop OH noticed tins of Bozita tin dog food on special offer :wink: . So we decided to buy some and give Herman a little in with his breakfast ( we have had real problems getting him to eat in the mornings :roll: and he looses weight when working hard :roll: despite being on Arden Grange performance diet ) . Anyway I think that we have finally struck gold he absolutely wolfed his meal and even cleaned his bowl ( he is not a Lab :lol: ) . ( his poos have been really good too :D) .

Anyway I wondered if anyone else feeds this and and especially if they are feeding the dry . I would be interested to know how they have got on .

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As nobody has replied I can only assume that nobody else has tried this :wink: . Oh well I suppose I shall just need to be a trend setter and go it alone and give the dry food a try :) .

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
I haven't heard of it - so haven't tried it!

Luna loves having a spoonful of wet food in her dry and is extra quick eating with it in.

Hope the experiment in trend setting is successful!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Sorry I have not even heard of it :oops: :oops: How many dogs do you have and what breeds, (sorry just being nosey :oops: :oops: ) you must have a busy household :D

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Hi

I don;t feed Bozita but I have seen it and heard of it, its meant to be very good at least reputedly...and it IS very expensive...

Looking forward to the reports

Eve Neo and bramble

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Not heard of it myself but could it be that Herman prefers wet food to dry?, maybe worth trying to mix some with his arden grange, I know you shouldn`t do that with complete foods but whatever works I say :D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Zensmum said:
As nobody has replied I can only assume that nobody else has tried this :wink: . Oh well I suppose I shall just need to be a trend setter and go it alone and give the dry food a try :) .
when my wischnu was a fussy eater, i have tried everything...
it allways helped only for 2 weeks..
so may be we should have changed the food every two weeks,
never tried this

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone , thankyou for your replies .

Veggie bitch , to answer your question : 1 Border collie , 4 Labs , 1 Wirehaired Viszla .

Yes we have a busy household :D

Interestingly Herman does not seem to be parky at night time feed , just mornings where we have a prob. Even with sardines in with his dry he picks at it :roll: but at night time will eat the Arden Grange quite happily by itself. He is a very strange little man .
This morning he again licked his bowl clean so maybe we are on a winner with the bozita tins :) .

the reason that I was interested to hear about the dry is that having looked at their website I thought that in terms of calorific value it was more than Arden Grange performance and may suit Herman as it is not always convenient feeding tins if we are away trialing . Anyway OH has found a website that is free delivery and a good price so I have ordered some as a bit of an experiment . I shall let you all know how we get on .

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I understand that you'd want him to eat in the morning, esp if he has a hard day ahead of him, but perhaps he's a one meal a day boy?

Didn't realise you had a BC and a Viszla too. Beautiful :D

Methinks we need a group pic of your gang :D

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Mo ,

Bit of a prob with the pics as My computer makes everything dark and I have not found a solution to it yet .

If Herman was a pet dog the one meal a day probably would not be a problem but as he is working hard and needs to pack in the calories it really needs to be two meals or I would think that we may have an issue with bloat ( something that I always worry about ) . One meal and he starts to loose ground quite quickly . Also if I know that we are going to be tracking ( very exhausting for a dog ) then he really needs a breakfast. I have recently been using the penmikan bars to good effect ( thanks Drummuir 8) for the tip ) which he will eat any time , but I would prefer him to eat a meal instead like the rest of the gang .

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Ah, yes, that makes sense :D

Can't help with fixing the contrast on your pc re pics..... I'm a complete technophobe. Hopefully you'll get it sorted though, would love to see some photos of your dogs.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Not heard of it, but my two are on Gusto now and not eating it well, so I may add some meat to it to make it more interesting - but don't want to change as we have perfect stools now!!!!

Hope your boy gets on well with it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I used to buy Bozita for my cat and he was fine on it.
I buy all my pet food online and Bozita Canned Food 6 x 635 g cost £8.94
( £0.23 per 100g).

My boys love wet food Rocco, I mix it with their kibbles.

Here is some information about Rocco:
Continuation of Product Description:
Many products contain so-called "formed meat" which often imitates natural meat fibers. Rocco is guaranteed not to contain formed meat and to be made using only fresh meat. It does not contain animal meal (ex: bone meal), vegetable protein (ex. soy) or other fillers.

No Pork
Rocco is made of at least 70 % beef. The animal that the other 30% of meat comes from can be seen in the flavor variety. Guaranteed!

No Chemical Additives
Rocco only uses fresh meat of the highest quality and forgos all chemical additives such as flavour enhancers, artificial colour, and artificial preservatives. The especially gentle cooking process preserves Rocco's healthy nutrients and strong meat flavor.

Ingredients
Pure Beef:
Meat and meat by-products (100 % beef), minerals.
Green Tripe:
Meat and meat by-products, (min. 30 % green tripe), minerals.

Poultry Hearts:
Meat and meat by-products (min. 30 % poultry hearts), minerals.

Lamb:
Meat and meat by-products (mind. 30 % Lamb), minerals.

Chicken:
Meat and meat by-products (mind. 30 % poultry), minerals.

Game:
Meat and meat by-products (mind. 30 % game), minerals

Salmon:
Meat and meat by-products (mind. 30 % salmon), minerals

Reindeer:
Meat and meat by-products (mind. 30 % reindeer), minerals

Veal Hearts:
Meat and meat by-products (mind. 30 % veal hearts), minerals

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Dunash ,

Thanks for the info on Rocco . We have paid £1.50 for two 650 grams Tins of bozita . Will have a look at the Rocco , first time that I have heard of it but we dont really have much variety of dog foods in this locality . Your Labs seem to look really well on that food :D .

We have noticed the Hermans stools which were already good on Arden Grange are even better now :) with the addition of the Bozita .

For anyone that is interested the Bozita is Swedish and comes in a variety of flavours inc. Elk ! . We are sorceing our dry supply from Sea pets website but they did say the dry would not be in until today ( TUE) so we shall wait and see what their delivery is like as they are new to us . Does any one else use this supplier?

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Have you tried some of the other wets? If its just to induce him to scoff the dry, some of the "cheaper" brands might work just as well :)

Though saying that - if it ain't broke, don't fix! ;)

I used Sea pets aaaages ago for something and I found them awfully slow so decided to go direct to the supplier and buy in bulk instead.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Fee,

Thanks for the info about Sea Pets , I think that we are doing the ' wait and see policy' :wink: .

The Hermanator is very parky, even slow with sardines !!!. you can see why I am :D :D that he is eating it .
He is definitely nothing like a lab :wink:

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
He may be parky, but he is oh so blimmen handsome! I'd forgive that hairy beardy face just about anything! ;)

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Hi

I used Seapets for a couple of orders and I found their delivery to be fine - quicker than I was led to expect - and I was very pleased and satisfied with both the speed of delivery and their customer service.

I would definitely happily use them again!

That being said the delivery was to Hampshire and not the outer reaches of the Empire!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Oooh now thats going to get 'em going!! :lol: :lol: )

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Eve said:
That being said the delivery was to Hampshire and not the outer reaches of the Empire!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm storing these up you know!!!!! :lol: :p

:wink:

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Feebarn said:
I'm storing these up you know!!!!! :lol: :p

:wink:

OMG - I thought as much!!!! Stands back in fear and trembling!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts