Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As winter is approaching and the old boots are becoming increasingly leaky we are turning to thoughts about replacing said old boots !

Need wide fitting and large size for oh ,not too expensive but with mountain goat type tred :wink: .

Any recommendations would be much appreciated .

ps not too expensive please ( poor as church mice at the moment )

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Have a look at some of the HiTec boots - they're good value for money and most of them are waterproof. I've got the V-Lite Altitude Ultra which uses a new type of technology for waterproofing rather than the membrane type ones. So far, they hold up and are still waterproof and I'm completely abusing my gear. I think I paid around £70 for mine (that was on sale) but HiTec do do other boots for half that price which should last you this winter...

Natasha

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
noticed the Larkesen pro hunter boot was mentioned in the shooting gazette , has anyone tried these ?

Thankyou contender and Auchencloch will have a look at those to recommendations and see what oh fancies :wink:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Miendl Dovre Extreme, are absolutely superb, I think Black Islander are cheap as anywhere for them, but they are n't that cheap at around £180, but well worth the money.

I, and other friends have had problems with Le Chameau, splitting, if your OH has broad feet, I would suggest avoiding them.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip about the le chameau splitting, more than likely that would be a problem as we are talking wide feet hear :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts