Labradors Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

went to a local large boot fare today, saw some arden grange 15kg bag for £25.00, brought it there and then.

Also the guy was telling me about another 15KG bag he had, for £9.50,

He said when bags of food are sold, they are left with an odd amount of food and dont have enough to make up another 15 Kg bag, so they mix the arden grange, well beloved , science etc etc to make up a 15 kg bag.

It has a label on it wilth 21 percent proten, no additives and no coloured biscuits, i did buy a bag, but wished to ask the pro's here am i taking a big risk if i fed my dogs on this.

The guy has been trading at this boot fare for 15 years, asked around the other stall holders who said he was all above board.

Just a bit worried i may have caught a cold, but know i got a real bargain with the AG adult food.

He added he has a continued supply of these bags.

thanks as always

gary

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
I'm not all into the whole science behind dog food, but each of these foods is a complete food in its own. So mixing several of them together won't necessarily make a whole.

How would you know what proportion of which you had? Does that make sense? What if your dog was allergic to some of the ingredients... you wouldnt have the slightest clue which.

The bag can say what the heck it likes coming from a boot sale... you wouldnt have a clue if it was even dog food - could be horse food!

Somethings you shouldn't short change on, in my opinion and food is one of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts