Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really worried :(

Bonnie, who we rehomed on saturday, had mastitis a few weeks ago and was kept by the dogs home to recover before coming home with us

Her teats are still droopy, very much so at the back, and the actual nipple is larger than what bailey has....obviously normal as she had 9 pups approx 10 weeks ago

I have noticed a lump on one of her teats, it's not painful to her, and I noticed it the other night whilst she was snuggled next to me on the sofa....everything kind of flops when she lies like that so I though it wasn't that bad as her skin was all pushed up at the time

But, after checking her over again today, this lump is still there, and quite noticeable, it's about the size of a cherry :( :(

I'm scared, worried, feel sick :( :(

I've just booked her in to see a vet after I've picked my daughter up from school, it's not at the vets down the road from me where Bailey & cats have been going, as (without going into detail) I was planning on changing all pets to this other vets as I'm not overly impressed with my surgery but parents-in-law have been using this other one for years and rave about it.....so if Bonnie does need treatment I would prefer to be taking her to parent-in-laws vets (bit confusing sorry :oops: )

I've googled it....wrong idea :( :(

And now have in my mind that this is a tumour, and she's going to need surgery :(

Thinking over past conversations with the dogs home, the word 'tumour' was used on one occassion after she had seen the vet there, but was told it was all to do with her milk.....really hope this is the case, and this is the reason why she I didn't rush taking her when I noticed it a few days ago

I don't want her to be poorly, I feel sick :(

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hope the vets visit goes ok, if it is something that needs surgery it better that you`ve found it now and get it sorted as soon as possible :)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Awww poor you. :(
Stay calm and try not to worry, which is easier said than done.
I am no expert, but most probably due to her mastitis etc. What an awful worry for you though. At least it is not bothering Bonnie, which is good after all the poor girl has been through.

I hope the Vet can put your mind at rest and it is nothing serious. Please keep us posted.

~~~~~~~~~nothing serious vibes for Bonnie~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hugs to you.

A

·
0 Posts
I've no advice I'm afraid (other than don't google, it scares me half to death when I google health things!)

Hope things go ok at the vets, will be thinking of you.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

I thought I felt worried when Bailey was going in for her spay but I feel soooo sick thinking about what this lump might be :( :(

I'm hoping that it's just a milk/mastitis related lump that will go.....but as she previously had 2 lots of antibiotics I'm thnking that it isn't :(

So glad I'm taking her in today, and not having to wait until monday

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Im sorry i don't have any advice.
Just wanted to say i hope all goes well. Try not to worry too much as you don't know what your dealing with yet.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
~~~~~~Everything crossed for Bonnie. ~~~~~~~~~~

I suspect you are at the Vets now, but keep us posted please.

A

·
0 Posts
oh no :( I hope its nothing serious and the vet is able to put your mind at ease!

{{{{{{nothing serious}}}}}} vibes for Bonnie xxx

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are back from the vets, such a lovely vet too :D

The vet suspects the lump is a cyst, and nothing to worry about. It may go of it's own accord, but isn't worrying Bonnie at all so I'm not to worry

It was made up with her, and said that her coat will continue to improve :D

I am so relieved :D

Bonnie is due to return to the dogs home to be spayed but if the cyst doesn't go I will probably take her to the vets instead and have the cyst removed at the same time but will think about that in a few weeks

Phew.....I can breath a bit now :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone :D

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Phew! These threads are a rollercoaster ride sometimes! I read and get worried as you were this morning, then I check the time to see of you've been to the vets yet and then keep scrolling to find you have!

And I'm so relieved there is nothing to worry about! She deserves a run of good luck!!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Good to hear the vet thinks its nothing to worry about, if the rescue were going to spay her, why not tell them about the lump, they may get their vet to look at it and remove it at the same time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts