Labradors Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG I can't believe it, I'm meant to be giving Bonnie a safe and stable home and I drop her in the canal 8O :oops:

Well, I can laugh about it now anyway but not at the time.....I thought my heart was about to pop out of my mouth 8O :lol:

I have been taking Bonnie along the canal every day (as well as other walkies) and it's a nice walk where I can put her on the extendable lead for a bit more of a run.....I would never let her off-lead by the canal, neither of my dogs, although I haven't let Bonnie off-lead at all yet....anyway I'm going off topic :wink:

So....we're having fun, Bonnie has the odd sniff over towards the waters edge but a stern 'no' puts her off venturing further

Over the other side of the canal, part way down, are the edges of peoples gardens, and 2 little dogs came yapping up to the edge.....well, Bonnie saw them and wasn't really that interested but as these 2 dogs kept on yapping she fancied having a bark back at them......but as she went to bark she took a step forward but there was no more ground left to stand on so she went SPLASH 8O 8O

Oh my word, I nearly jumped in after her then reflex kind of stepped in and I pulled her to the edge by her lead and she easily got herself back out.......it wasn't actually a major drama but it did very much seem like it stood there with my new dog nearly drowning 8O 8O

She got out looking like a drowned rat but still with a waggy tail :lol:
A quick shake and off she trotted :roll:

I know swimming is meant to be good for toning up your tummy but I don't think this is the best way to go about it :lol:

She is fine though and doesn't seem in the slightest bit affected by her ordeal.....me on the other hand 8O

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
To be honest my first thought was to laugh! Poor Bonnie, must have been a little scary for you but Bonnie doesn't sound like she was too worried by her unscheduled swim!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
oh poor you, they do keep us on our toes around water don't they? Sounds like she wasn't frightened by her ordeal. Good luck and wel done on giving her a new home :D :D

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Ooooooops!!! Glad all ended well! Well done for keeping your thinking brain working!!
I used to dog-walk a friends lab and she couldn't help but launch into water without a second thought to how she'd get out! Many a time I ended up clinging over a lake bank clutching a jumper wrapped around a tree trunk reaching to heave her back on shore :roll: She had problems with her back legs that I think she always forgot about!

Enjoy a strong glass of something strengthening!

·
Registered
617 Posts
:!: Glad she's ok!! A few weeks after Laika was able to start going for lead walks we were walking by a lake. I didn't realise but Laika had noticed some ducks floating about and decided to launch herself off the bank after them! She almost dragged me in with her! Managed to pull her towards me by the lead then scooped her out (after I had a heart attack). Little devil wasn't phased at all - she started giving me the mad eyes, bum tucked about a bit...then launched herself back into the lake!!! Little nutter.

Sham

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Glad to hear that Bonnie and you are OK after your adventure Em, that would have scared the bajeezus of me i can tell you :?

Think we need some pictures of Bonnie now :wink: :D

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
_Linda_ said:
Think we need some pictures of Bonnie now :wink: :D
We are planning on going out for a nice walk up to the hills with my friend and her yorkie tomorrow so will remember my camera :D

It will be lovely to get some pics of Bonnie & Bailey cuddling, but we're not at that stage yet :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts