Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been up the pet shop for more training treats and to have a look at some cleaning stuff, and they have got really nice bones in there (lol well nice in a dog will prob like them way, I didnt want a nibble :lol: )

They had a few different sizes, and I was wondering if I should get one for Truly?

Does anyone else give there dogs these? Is she too young for one yet or because she is on dry food (royal canin) is it best not to give her anything else? We gave her chicken and rice when she was a bit sicky, and she turned her nose up at the biscuit when we re tried her with it :lol: Had to soak it and mix it with chicken! Shes back on it now, but I have a feeling she would be fussy given the chance :lol:

I didnt buy one as I wanted your opinions first!

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
What bones where they? Were they cooked? Dried? Boiled?

I dont give ruby any bones unless they are fresh from the butchers - I am not 100% about the pet shop ones but I personally choose to stay away. HTH

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oooh I dont know I didnt ask, well they deffinatly were not raw.

they were in big boxes, three different sizes, next to all the pigs ears, and those rawhide chew things, in fact that is what they were like, sort of smoked looking I spose, like the pigs ears.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
My two have stuffed smoked bones. I get them from Wilkinson's.

I let the lads mess with them for a day or so and then I scrape out what stuffing is left into their bowls.
On the third day I throw the bones out. Mainly so they don't get infested with fly lava.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts