Labradors Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
as a veggie (and also a buddhist - no killing) I feed both the dogs burns and I'll give them both meaty things (free range tho) but I think if youre giving dogs something which would otherwise be a waste product, then thats fine.
anna

·
Registered
364 Posts
Jaycee .. i used to wonder about what Harvey was trying to do when he rubbed his face on the carpet (and sofa.. much to the chagrin of the present MrsB!) after eating as well .. talking to others who feed raw the consensus of opinion was that its a dogs way of cleaning their face after a meal, very much like we do with a serviette after eating spare ribs! :wink: ... i always think Harvey looks as if hes telling me "thanks, that was a damn good meal!"

I find it lovely that you all are discovering just how much your dogs love fresh bones. Shouldnt be surprising really though as its what nature intended them to eat :wink:

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
I can`t remember how old she is , must be about 5 months now?,
She 15 weeks today so nearly 4 months - hasnt even started teething but is notceably chewier the last few days so maybe its starting???????

Ahhhhh Shelley = its a minefield isnt it I have probably never been in a butcher (oh the shame I am the tesco prepacked generation) and just knew I had to get lamb shank so that was nice and easy :lol: :lol:

I think you veggies deserve a medal though I can still detect a whiff of butcher shop in her crate so bones will be given every friday I think and then can wash it all on a saturday :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Joey had another last night and his crate does smell like a butchers - yuck!

One is lost in the house somewhere - I look forward to that stinking the house out in a few weeks!!!

Must go and get some more - I've run out now! 8O

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
4 months is about right to start the teething process, I`m glad she`s enjoying her bones :lol: , yes they do stink!, I pull Cindy`s and CJ`s covers back so they have them on the floor of the crate, but of course they tend to pull them onto the covers, washing machine is asking for overtime rates :lol: :lol: not to mention Cindy "burying" hers in her bedding and CJ going nuts trying to find it :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bones

I'm veggie too and have always fed my lab on the Natural Diet - which means everything you feed is raw (yuck). Bones, chicken wings, poultry necks, offal, fish, fruit, veg, nuts, seeds etc. The vet recently said she had teeth of a 1 year old (she is nearly 5) and is the best looking lab he has seen for years! No smelly breath, no gas and perfect poos all the time.

To get around the smelly bone thing - Jessie eats them outside or if it's raining, on a towel in the kitchen - it took a while but she soon learnt to keep it on the towel - otherwise I would take it away!

One thing to remember if they are eating raw - you should worm them more often. :lol:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts