Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the lovely boy, previously believed to be called Biss, his name is in fact Biff.

I've taken him for a walk this morning and he's a proper angel.

here he is....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah sure.... basically Bob is just obsessively humping. Biff is growling at him to stop but Bob just ignores. We have to call him off. Not sure why Bob is doing it as he appears to enjoy his company and they have many a play tussle in the garden - no aggression whatsoever just bowling each other over!

I'm wondering if Bob is trying to assert himself? Bob is a cryptorchid and actually not particularly boyish, Biff is very much a dog dog! Maybe Bob is feeling a bit unsure? We've been paying Bob plenty of attention to ensure his nose isn't out of joint and he does appear to like Biff, he's just confused at how he should behave.

When Bob starts like this it's constant, we call him off, he's back on, we call him off.....

Otherwise things are going really well.

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
Hmm, well, we have had first hand experience of this recently, a friends of ours has/had a dog that obsessed over Jack, and I mean obsessed, on every walk and at every opportunity he was humping Jack, his back end, front end and sideways too.

This dog was neutered 4 weeks ago and its only been since the last 3 nights (walks) and a squirty bottle in hand have we broken the humping cycle.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Well Done :D he looks a cracker....Im sure Bob is just aserting his position in the house :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well.... things are starting to really calm down now, it's lovely.
We still need to watch them, and crate Bob overnight just in case, but they are now getting on well. They both loved their walk this lunchtime, running through the cornfields, swimming in the pond and playing together, it was really lovely to see.

Biff is great, he can be a bit dog aggressive with things like his beloved toys (he's a bit obsessed about having toys thrown to him to the extent he won't let us throw them for Bob) and his food, but he's fine with humans and his toys and food. He got a bit growly with a strange black lab we met out walking today too but he wasn't too bad. No actual going for the other dog.

He's stopped drooling so much now too.... I guess he did that cos he was stressed. He's such a loving dog.

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
I hate using the squirt bottle, but when needs must and all else has failed, I find it is a great deterrant, you only ever need to use it once or twice, then just showing it as they get that look to 'hump' tend to make them change their mind :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kurdy you'd have to contact Labrador Retriever Rescue South East for that, they are who I am fostering for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Emailed Lab Rescue as you suggessted but no reply as yet. We are already registered with them - and Love Your Labrador - and Hope Rescue - and Labrador Lifeline - and Labrescue Kent ... seems like we have been looking for our new dog for ever!!!

We are really ineterested in Biff and would love to know if he is still looking for his new home.

We have been home checked and have vet references if required ... just looking for that special doggie!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts