Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... my lab is one and half year old... from yesterday onwards he is stooling with little blood... i am little worried... plz help me...

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Ganu, especially as the pup is only around six weeks ok, I'd say 'PLEASE PHONE YOUR VET ASAP' if you haven't ready.

Thanks for splitting the thread, Wendy. I don't think Ganu has been back since he/she posted the thread, but I hope, especially given the young age of the dog, that a vet has been called and that the pup is ok.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Have you changed the dogs food or increased feeding amount?

Friends of ours had a similar issue.

Our stock response to issues like this are to either:
a) Withhold food for 24 hours
b) Bland diet of boiled rice and chicken
or
c) Vets!

Puppys can have really sensitive guts and bowels so too much food, the wrong sort of food or a sudden change in diet can result in the runs and / or blood.

If problem persists for more than 72 hours it's be the vets

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
DJGoody, this puppy is one and a half month's old. I don't withhold food for adult dogs when they have an upset tummy (and nor does my vet advise to), but I definitely don't think that is appropriate advice when the dog is so young.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ah, apologies, I read a year and a half.

Yes I agree. Nourishment and ESPECIALLY hydration is VITAL for such a young pup.

I will retreat to the corner with a big white peaked cap with a D on it

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Well they did say a year and a half in the first post, didn't they? Don't worry. You don't have to say in the corner for too long :wink:

I'm not sure the OP will even come back and see this thread, but I really hope pup is ok! :-(

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Hope little Danny will be OK, I feel that he is not in England :cry:

If you are reading this Ganu, please contact us

Chel and Dilys xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts