Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but are you supposed to have them out on walks, loose, off lead when in season?

I ask as I've just had to hang on with all my might to 58kg of *ahem* 'interested' dog (Bob and Biff) whilst the three ten year old girls walking their Staffie bitch ran around screaming at me to keep them away from her. They couldn't catch her.

Which I was doing. She, being free to run as she liked, wasn't staying away.

Ohhh it was fun!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I kept mine in whilst she was in season as i didnt want any chance of her getting pregnant. Taking them out is unfair on the bitch and also the other dogs that are about!

I certainly wouldn't let her off lead when in season!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
No bitches should not be walked when in season on or off lead (except in somewhere very quite early/late like industrial estate), what were the parents thinking letting 3 10 years old take an in-season bitch out :roll: :roll:

Good on you for having control of your boys :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phew.... thought I was being unjustly indignant!
the boys are pretty good on the whole, they were off lead, I saw them in the distance and got them on lead thankfully.... once she got a bit closer though... blimey they're powerful!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Can`t blame them for that Bobslot, they wanted to get to know her :wink: , humour asidenot only should the bitch have not been out, I don`t think 10yo`s should be walking a dog like a staffie on their own, not because of the breed but because they are a powerful dog in their own right and it sounds like the kids had no control over her whatsoever.

Well done you for being able to hang on to two lads who wanted to do what comes naturally when there`s a in season bitch about.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
No you're not being unjustly indignant 8O. Dylan bent the buckle of his Dublin collar (which I was holding him by) when someone :evil: allowed their in heat girl to run up to us. Must have been a helluva job holding onto two.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I wouldn't go as far as to say they shouldn't be walked at all 8O but certainly not off lead - and eeek - with TEN year old girls :?

:evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Oh, I had a very unpleasant conversation today in the woods with a couple. they had a bitch in season, off lead, midday in the busy dog walking place.
I wasnt in the mood for arguing, but as I was trying to put my boys on leads she said that it is irresponsible of me not to have my dogs castrated!!!! 8O
:evil: So I had to express my opnion on responcible dog ownrship. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts