Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Bradley our puppy loves anything that squeaks! Rope toys are also good as they can get their teeth into them, also Kongs keep them amused for hours.

And of course there's the good old tennis ball or frisbie for playing in the park :D :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
A kong is great for throwing as it has an unpredictable bounce. A treat filled Kong is great for crate time. Sometimes we freeze it overnight.

The Galileo chew toy by Nylabone is good for the agrresive chewer.

Another good toy is the empty plastic beverage bottle.

Labs are almost compulsive chewers. Do look at what they are chewing and when it gets almost small enough to swallow, give themn new toys.

HTH

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Paddy thinks everything not nailed down is a toy, He has plenty of tough toys provided but prefers to chew plant pots, tv remote controls or mobile phones, we have learnt now to ensure all items are put on high shelves when he is not supervised.
Funny thing though he knows the difference between his toys and his training dummy, as soon as he sees itcome out he knows its work time and becomes quite a different dog then the usually nutty "Padster".
I think he's gonna make a good working dog, but I am taking him on slowly, we usually do a few short training sessions each day rather than a prolonged session where he may get bored.
Hi to everyone
BN

·
Registered
241 Posts
A kong is great for throwing as it has an unpredictable bounce. A treat filled Kong is great for crate time. Sometimes we freeze it overnight.
Hi Labdad,

What sort of treats do you put into the kong?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
We've just invested in a 'toy box' for our Bradley, he now has great fun taking them all out and scattering them around everywhere! Is funny to watch. I wonder if i can train him to put them all away again at the end of the day???!!!! lol :D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your Lab's best toy is you! :D

Jake also loves his Kong, but his favourite-est toy (which requires frequent replacement from Woolworths) is a cheap half-deflated football. Actually he started with a properly inflated football but you can guess what happened. He actually prefers 'em flat.

Somewhere or other I have a truly revolting photo of Jake gripping his flat football in his teeth and playing tug of war with my son - who has the other side of the flat football gripped firmly in HIS teeth. Yuk. If I can find the photo I'll post it here sometime.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
We found a fantastic pet store today, and topped up on some supplies for our Bradley. We bought him a huge cuddly dog, which is about half his size - you should have seen the look of glee on his face when he saw it! He has played for it for ages and actually gone to sleep with it now, he loves it! It's also got a squeaky stuffed in its insides, so loads of fun.

lol - we also bought a new food dish for him, which has painted on bone shapes, he can't figure out why the 'painted' red bone inside his dish is non-moveable! He has had several attempts to get it out his bowl, resulting in soaking wet floors! lol. He'll figure it out soon i'm sure! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Chuck loves his kong toys .. so does Mom because they last. :)

He has a black kong, red kong, blue and white kong on a rope for retrieves and a black kong bone! :)

He also has alot of rope toys ...

The funny thing is that a stuffed toy would not survive 10 seconds with Chuck ... but he has two stuffed octupus that he carries around the house and hasn't destroyed them .. Not sure why they warrant special privileges .. :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
BEST TOYS FOR LABS

Cobi is now over 1 years old, mischievous has ever, Has anyone tried putting Bread and Jam in the Kong, it keeps him entertained for ages.
He also loves his tennis ball which I bounce it in the living room and he jumps up for it, he also loves his tug which he always brings upto me when he wants to play, also a deflated football which he has had since we first got him and he will not part with.
Lindsay xx

·
Registered
416 Posts
my dog has loved his fantasy flyer since he was a pup. You can see him holding it on my signature picture. He also loves the tuggy ropes, the kongs that can be filled and also the kong balls in various shapes.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have just got the kong frisbies. They are fab. I love Stormy's fantasy flyer and it has been his fav since he was a pup, but if they crack I often found it would cut his tongue. The kong one does not break, so no more cuts. It also is gentle if they should jump up to catch it.The great thing is that it folds up to put in your pocket. I took Stormy's 2 to the park early today and we played for an hour solid with them. One dog came up to us and Stormy totally ignored him as he was so engrossed with his frisbies. Best buy I have got for Stormy in 2 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi There

Axl really enjoys nicking my girls teddy bears. Well they don't stay teddy bears for long :D He also enjoys his kong which I stuff with cream cheese or peanut butter but he likes to suck it like a kids dummy :D We have recently discovered totally by accident that he loves to play with deflated juice bottles as well so was delighted to find here that he is not alone.

Lots a Love
Linda Lou & Axl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts