Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed the summer weather has officially gone! And I think I'm going to buy myself some brand new walking boots for my countryside dog walks.

I am going to be buying from this site - https://www.webury.com/ - but I was wondering if anyone knows which brand of welly, walking boots etc are the best for countryside dog walks?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
If you are prepared to pay the price I love my Harkila boots. They were so comfortable right out of the box. Their Pro Hunter range do 3 heights depending on whether you prefer the shorter 7.5 inch up to the highest 12 inch. I use Harkila Mink Oil for protection. For wellies I wear Hunter Balmoral neoprene lined boots. Although in all honesty I rarely wear wellies these days, preferring my Harkila's. They are now in their third year.

Regards, John

·
Registered
5 Posts
For wellies, I swear by my Aigle Iso Parcours - 6 years in and still amazing. Comfy as heck, they have a walking boot in the sole, a tapered ankle for support, and neoprene lining for warmth - and they do actually look great as well but to be honest my feet are so happy in these (and bear in mind I have a variety of health conditions as well so they are great support for me even with those limitations).

I can't praise these wellies enough, so many friends have bought them now as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My partner and I have Salomon Quest 4D, they are incredibly comfortable and I have no problem on 4 or 5 hour walks on uneven terrain, even with plantar fasciitis. For shorter muddy walks I use Aigle wellies, they are also really comfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All I would say is make sure you clean and treat them regularly, otherwise there is no point buying an expensive pair! I've had a pair of Timberland's and they seem very robust so far.

·
Banned
8 Posts
I personally have Bates boots like this

https://secretstorages.com/combat-boots/
You know, I have never felt so comfy in any boots. As a rule I take my shoes off when I come home. But these boots are so comfortable that I can sometimes forget to take them off. I adore the zipper on the sides, it makes the process of taking on/off very easy. I decided on them after reading some reviews online and never regretted my choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Boots are a personal preference and really depend on the terrain of your walk.

That said, I used to only ever buy cheap Hi Tek Altitude V Walking boots at around £50. I would usually get about 11 months out of a pair.

My walks were about 4 or 5 miles during the week and perhaps 8 or 9 at the weekends.

My sister used to laugh at me for being a cheap skate and after years (decades) of cheap boots, I treated my self to a pair of Berghaus Hill Walker 2 GTX, I've only had them a couple of months, they are certainly breathable, but do need to dry and I can't use dubbin on them. They do offer a better grip though, time will tell if they are a better boot.

My tip, is I always wear gaiters, my walk is through woods, fields and from keeping my trousers mud free and stopping stones getting in my boot they are a must.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I found that the best boots I've had are lowa renegade gtx bought from an ex army store. They're very comfortable and waterproof. If you need something more robust for the winter like I do, the best wellies I found by far are Aigle parcours iso, bit pricey but well worth it. They are as comfy as my hiking boots and so robust, they keep your feet warm as well as dry due to the neoprene lining, hop this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
For wellies I'd go Aigle Parcour, extremely comfortable and durable, and pretty much everything I wear at the minute. For walking boots, the best pair I've had are Zamberlans, I've had the current pair for over ten years now, but they are now looking a bit worse for wear.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I used to spend out on Aigle wellies but have since discovered Dunlop Blizzard wellies, only a quarter of the price but warm, very comfortable with a good sturdy sole and extremely long lasting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts