Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did an LF search and I can't believe this place doesn't have a thread all of it's own to recommend it, so thought I would :)

My two have just got back and clearly LOVED it. Lovely big kennels, great big exercise paddocks and lots of cuddles from the owner, LF Tracy (tjlab).
I especially like the indoor/outdoor kennel with access flap......as did Basil and Nellie who dragged their beds back and forth each day in order to watch the action around the kennels.

Basil's coat looks great from his weeks stay and gangly pup Nellie seems to have got a bit more in proportion and less gangly during her stay....so much so I have been checking it is really her :lol:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I think there have been quite a few recommendations on here for it Sarah. Must be good, people seem to travel far and wide to go there, and isnt it where Pickle came from, or have I got that wrong?

I'm lucky in having the rolls royce of kennels fairly near to me or I would be knocking on Tracey's door too!

M

·
0 Posts
-Pat- said:
I think there have been quite a few recommendations on here for it Sarah. Must be good, people seem to travel far and wide to go there, and isnt it where Pickle came from, or have I got that wrong?
Pickle, Marley, Roxie, Bailey etc etc! lol!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep there are lots of LF pups from there.

Just thought it deserved a thread all of it's own in the sitters section :D

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If the Savoy were a dog kennel then this would be IT! :D

Cocoa & Jester have been there a couple of times and they are happy to go! They get lots of exercise and attention and Tracy really cares about the dogs she looks after.
We only live about 40 mins drive away, but I would happily drive much further to know that my boys were happy at Benedict Farm.

R

·
0 Posts
Roxie will also go back there when she's a bit older and we go away.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Oh my god what are you lot like......!!!
Thankyou Sarah and everyone else for the lovely comments.

Its very hard work but well worth it to get great feedback like this .

Thankyou :oops: :oops:

Trace xx

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't mean to make you all :oops: Trace :lol:

It's hard to find nice kennels and so when you do it's good to share. I know quite a few members already use your kennels but as you don't have a thread in this section i thought it might be helpful for newbies :)

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
I wish you were nearer to us though. Mine have never been in kennels as my parents usually move in here to look after Charlie but having Doodiepup as well now would be too much for them as they're both almost 80.

I'm really going to have to do a search. Can anyone recommend a really good kennels in Derbyshire or South Yorkshire please?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Tracey, when you setting up your chain of dog kennels....lol. Its scary how bad the boarding kennels around me, only had to go look and i walked away. Thankfully my sis was always willing to take Madison,

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its scary how bad the boarding kennels around me, only had to go look and i walked away.
Ditto here :( and I'm not put off by noise or odour....more poor set up.

We only have 1 nice place locally (Benedict farm isn't local), but it's just so regimented with it's drop off and collection times it just doesn't work out for us. Plus puppies need extra wee wee breaks and Tracy was happy to oblige :)

BTW Tracy, I was thinking this on the way home - how are your kennels so quiet? Usually when you visit kennels the sight or sound of a person sets the dogs off - is it because there's always people coming and going at yours?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Everyone comments on how quiet they are. I don't know, but the biggest difference here is the walking 3 times a day, more for yours cos of that gorgeous Nellie bellie, we think it keeps them happier, something to look forward to, and if the walk they rest in between times and just don't stand there constantly barking. They do bark at walking times with excitement, and it does depend on what dogs you have in. Weims and gsd's do bark a lot more.

Donna, I dont fink so.......sorry you will just have to travel here. One kennel is knackering enough.

Trace x

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Wendy! Not sure where you are in Derbyshire but I'm not far from the border in Leicestershire and although not a kennels, Charlie and Duds could come board here if nec!!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
We've not had to put Rosie in kennels because I usually get a friend to house-sit and it's always been a weekend; although she scared me recently by suggesting that Rosie would be okay if she went out at 7am for work and didn't get back until 6pm at the earliest.

We're considering Florida for a holiday, so we'll probably need to kennel her. If I can't find a suitable one we won't be going on holiday! - so if anyone could tell me how much I can expect to pay for a good Kennel per day? And if anyone can recommend one around the newbury/basingstoke/reading area I'd be grateful!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Glad Basil and Nellie enjoyed their holiday :)

There is one good kennels near here that Goldie used to go to and he loved it and always got plenty of exercise. Theo hasn't actually experienced kennels in that way, he goes to stay with his Daddy when we go away - the Dogs are kennelled but it's a different environment.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
tjlab said:
Donna, I dont fink so.......sorry you will just have to travel here. One kennel is knackering enough.

Trace x
ach well it was worth a try, if we ever holiday down your neck of the woods i'll book Alfie in.... :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts