Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on his dam's side is listed as Holmajor Drummer (not Drummer boy)...

Does anyone know anything about this sire? - The name holmajor crops up a lot on the internet, and Drummer Boy still seems to be winning competitions, but since he was born AFTER the bug's mum, then methinks he is not Bug's grandad...

Drummer is listed in the KC database, but with no health scores...

and then finally, I find it fascinating that such a lanky, long legged boy came from show lines - although his sire is from the Pocklea/drakeshead crowd, so perhaps that is where it all comes from??

I really must get round to typing it all out and seeing if the Bug has many rellies around here

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Holmajor is the kennel affix of Pat Davies in Hereford.

Holmajor Drummer Boy is her youngster with 0/0 hips and a successful show boy - I doubt he would be behind your boy as he is a baby himsefl :D

Holmajor Drummer isn't one I know - but a bit of digging around - he is half brother to the sire of my last litter by Holmajor Flame.

The older dog clearly isn't owned by Pat, so can't tell you anything about him - obviously one she sold on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue

Pat came back to me promptly after my (slightly cheeky) request....

Yes - she bred Drummer herself and began showing him successfully, but at 1 year old, he was becomming too tall to do well in the ring.

She doesn't have the contact details of the lady she sold onto (a pet owner/breeder), but was very kind in her reply and very complimentary about the pics of Beetle...

I can definitely concur with the "getting big" comments!! - The bug is 30kg already - all legs and bone!

g

1 - 3 of 3 Posts