Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a supplier of tough doggie beds that might withstand a boisterous 6 month old lab?

I'm not suggesting that it should be indestructible - our Brady is quite a tough little fella, and when he was confined to the house to rest his leg recently he managed to destroy quite a few things 8O But if anyone knows of any good hard wearing beds, I'd be really grateful for the info.

At the moment his current bed is slightly lopsided, as he decided to make a hole in it's two thick (seemingly hardwearing!) covers, and pulled out half the stuffing :oops:

That bed also had a zip down one side, which he broke within about 48 hours of purchase.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be most welcome :)

Many thanks,

Rona

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ours have cushions in a plastic bed shell. The cushions are from a company in Scotland called Tuffies (they have a website) and whilst not cheap or described as indestructible they are surviving well in our 3 Lab house. I'm particulary pleased with the cleaning aspect, a quick hoover removes 99% of hair, they don't retain any smells and to clean you scrub with washing up liquid and hose down.

·
Registered
880 Posts
richey has a rigid bed too

that way you can also put cheap blankets, cushions in there too which are considerably cheaper than lab sized dog beds, richey has his lined with vet bed which you can buy on ebay on sometimes on rolls at pets at home a lot cheaper than the type in boxes or haskins have it, vogue just has vet bed cos she sleeps under my bed and shes have no room if there was a basket under there!

OR

you could spray bitter apple on a soft bed which should detract chewing.

anna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts