Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good bed for arthritis sufferers. I recxently bought an expensive elevated appx 8" high and my large 9 year old would not get onto it as I think he felt unstable.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Perhaps try a thick piece of memory foam or a cot mattress if he likes something soft but supportive on the floor. Both could be covered with a single bed quilt cover, with or without a quilt folded inside.

My arthritic old dog loves his HiK9 bed which is elevated, I do cover it with a nice thick piece of vetbed though. He's used it for years and years so well used to the odd creaking and 'give' as he moves around which I can understand might be a little off putting to a dog that hasn't experienced that before.

Reactions: DJGoody

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps try a thick piece of memory foam or a cot mattress if he likes something soft but supportive on the floor. Both could be covered with a single bed quilt cover, with or without a quilt folded inside.

My arthritic old dog loves his HiK9 bed which is elevated, I do cover it with a nice thick piece of vetbed though. He's used it for years and years so well used to the odd creaking and 'give' as he moves around which I can understand might be a little off putting to a dog that hasn't experienced that before.

Thanks for this, I hadn't thought of maybe adapting an old duvet for him. He can get on the sofa but strangly not comfy getting on an elevated bed on the floor. Will also look into some memort foam that won't be so high for him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.