Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baymax is really annoying with his wanting to chew and swallow almost anything.

My mother brought him a toy and I didn't realise it wasn't a good idea given his mightily powerful jaws.

I was distracted talking to mum and when she left I found the chicken legless :( :(

No pieces to be found in the house so I guess he chewed and swallowed them

Now it's two days that he's active and playful and hungry as ever BUT also his stools are very runny, almost liquid. No abdominal bloat, no lethargy, no wining, no special postures.

Stopped feeding him his usual pellets and yesterday tried with plain boiled rice without anything else and much to my surprise have found the very first thing he doesn't eat ...

So I am very undecided if this could be related to this plastic ingestion or just him coping with the first very warm days, eating cat poop in the garden etc.

Probably will bring him to the vet today but would also love to hear your opinions.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I always have liquid paraffin in the dog store cupboard, if they are having digestive problems and you suspect he may have a few bits of toy in there, pop a teaspoon in with some boiled rice and chicken. I pop a bit in the food of my girls every couple of weeks, just to keep things lubricated and flowing well.

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
If it’s just the feet he may have swallowed, I wouldn’t worry too much. Generations of mine have nibbled on plastic toys and done multi coloured poop. I’d guess it was more linked to the heat and cat poop.

Reactions: rjalex and Mrs H.A

·
Registered
92 Posts
Baymax is really annoying with his wanting to chew and swallow almost anything.

My mother brought him a toy and I didn't realise it wasn't a good idea given his mightily powerful jaws.

View attachment 26819

I was distracted talking to mum and when she left I found the chicken legless :( :(

No pieces to be found in the house so I guess he chewed and swallowed them

Now it's two days that he's active and playful and hungry as ever BUT also his stools are very runny, almost liquid. No abdominal bloat, no lethargy, no wining, no special postures.

Stopped feeding him his usual pellets and yesterday tried with plain boiled rice without anything else and much to my surprise have found the very first thing he doesn't eat ...

So I am very undecided if this could be related to this plastic ingestion or just him coping with the first very warm days, eating cat poop in the garden etc.

Probably will bring him to the vet today but would also love to hear your opinions.

Thank you
Eating cat poop in the garden, how I sympathise, Jas seeks it out and demolishes it as if it's the doggy equivalent of a box of chocolates! Always gives her runny poo.
By the look on that plastic chickens face it knew what was about to happen 😀

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
Or a 3rd, 4th, 5th?

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are great :) A pity we're dispersed around the globe (or at least part of it). Would have been nice to meet with our Labs and chat in person.

Vet said he'd resume his regular kibble and wait a few days. I've cooked him a couple of chicken and rice meals with a spoonful of paraffin and see where that goes. Boy is really hungry.

PS Vet is always refusing to let me pay ...

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
Lucky you seem to have a good vet, or more likely, you’re unlucky enough to be a good customer 🤣🤣 My vet often doesn’t charge me either, even when I took a duck (that my dogs had unfortunately worried) to be euthanised.

Reactions: rjalex and Mrs H.A

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe the fact that we're both the same age and as a medical doctor have acknowledged that his knowledge and craft are vastly superior to mine, kind of bought him :) But really he's just a good person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts