Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

The subject says it all really! It's terrible, worst smelling windy popper i've ever owned! I mean I know dogs do it but Baxter does it all the time. He's on Baker's puppy at the moment and very healthy, glossy, bouncy etc. Does anybody know if there's anything I can give him short of a cork in the bottom?! 8O

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Becky,

Kane is the same. I think it is the food...How can something so small cause such a smell 8O

I used to have a yellow lab Robbie years ago who used to have a complex about it & would get up & move away if he accidently let one slip.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hello Becky,

Our puppy too is a complete and utter farty pants also, i am hoping as he gets older the smells will lessen, lol.

It could be the food though, maybe Baxter has an extra sensitive stomach...

It could just be that they are all smelly woofers!

I used to have a yellow lab Robbie years ago who used to have a complex about it & would get up & move away if he accidently let one slip.
lol..kanesdad, thats hilarious! Human like for sure!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My bitch used to break wind all the time as a small pup and the entire downstairs would stink. She is also on Bakers Complete Puppy, but was originally on Royal Canin and Beta for a short period of time - whatever she ate, she stank, regularly! The bad news is that she is now a big girl at 7 months old, and it has got worse - more often and more stinky! If we have guests over she lies by my feet and lets them go sooooo loud that people think it is me! And the smell?! She has literally cleared the house on more than one occasion! In the morning I open the kitchen door and she follows me to the back door to go out. Whilst I'm there one of my kids sprays Oust in the kitchen! Lovely dog, but she gives me a good run for my money (My wifes actually, she bought her as a present for me!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Toby was horrendous when we first had him, would lie between 2 chairs, all off a sudden anyone sat in those chairs would just have to move!! Anyway he is a lot better since he has been off the puppy food, and it's now a rare occasion

Karen Toby's mum

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Roo is terrible too. If he's asleep, he'll give a whine and a small whimper, let it out and then go back to sleep! If it's really bad he'll stick his nose up and sniff the air and then pull a disgusted face!

When he does it in the car, all of the windows go down!

I read somewhere that it could be because they swallow lots of air when wolfing their food down. Try putting a large stone in their food bowl to make them slow down when eating or raising the bowls so as they are more upright when eating. We keep meaning to do this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same problem! I think they just grow out of it to be honest. That's not to say that it stops completely, but I think the frequency and severity of them will diminish. :lol: :lol: we also had a yellow lab who used to wake himself up with his, look up at us in disgust and also walk out of the room :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Charlie mainly farts when he is asleep in his basket in the evenings. Then, he just lies there completely oblivious whilst we search in vain for our gas masks. :lol:

It got a huge amount less when I moved him onto Burns food, as it used to be all day long. Now he just waits until we are settled to watch TV in the evening and then he starts.

Helen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts