Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stella is now almost 7 months old and she is beginning to bark at everything from wanting tip bits, wanting on the couch when she is not allowed and just at anything really! I have tried ignoring her, putting her into time out and even barking back at her but nothing works..........has anyone any idea what to do?

Jen.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Used a plant spray when Shadow went through this. He barked, he got a squirt of water and Shhhhhhh! The only time he barks now is when the new neighbours come home, serves them right for not talking to him :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try this but I am not sure stella would dislike this! she is a bit strange with water she likes to be sprayed with the hose!

But thanks I am willing to give anything a go as this is becoming VERY annoying.

R

·
0 Posts
Funnily enough I was going to post the same question tonight. Roxie is doing the same. :x

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
The thing with the plant sprayer thing is that it sort of goes psssssst at the same time so there's a bit of a surprise thing with it. I'm sure other people will be along with other comments at some point.

A

·
0 Posts
Rueben (also 7 months) is doing the exact same thing! Must be a phase they go through!!

I find if I stand in front of him with my arms folded and give him my sternest look he will stop. It only works for me though, if OH or any of the kids try it it doesn't work! :lol: :lol:

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It certainly seems like a phase but still very annoying I tried spraying with water and I am not sure it really worked if anything it maybe wound her up more but I will preserver and see how it goes. Thanks for the replies, its good to know im not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
332 Posts
One variation on the water squirter: I count to 3 and squirt on the third count. I count verbally and with my fingers. 99.5% of the time we only ever get to the count of 2 before whatever behaviour that requires it stops. It's much easier than having to carry around the water squirter, and much nicer than having to use it. I count whenever 'no' fails to work, which is generally when he's over excited. If I'm talking to someone I can just count with my fingers and he'll be quiet. I haven't trained my new puppy to this as she listens to 'no', but I'm hoping she may learn by example anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts