Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo seems to becoming a bit more vocal than I like. Just recently he seems to want to bark at other dogs...and my cats. He goes crazy and well unfortunately the poor kitties hate are sweet doggie LOL.

I have been telling him stop, or hey as a negative marker and if he stops doing it and listens to me I reward him.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks much.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol mine is the opposite she only barks when she is in the crate if i have been gonelonger than 1hr then she starts barking..lol.

she does occasionaly bark at brandy when she wants her toys back but apart from that nothing..lol.. i think she lets brandy and charlie do all the barking for her..lol.

maybe try and ignore him when he is barking and prasing him when he is quiete but try and make sure you are not praising him for the barking.. you have to be quick on the quiet praise..lol..maybe shout QUIET then leave it a couple of secounds then praise him...

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
We usually tell hershey to stop and wait for him to be quiet and then say good boy and some attention his barking now stops as soon as we say stop cos he wants the attention more than the barking..

The only times he doesnt listen is when something has made him wary or someone strange is hanging around outside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My lab, Savannah, is a constant barker. She will bark and bark until someone goes outside or she is let into the house. We can never get her to stop barking. We bought a muzzle and we threaten her with it. That seems to work only for a short while. Then she is back to barking and barking!!! What am I to do?

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Mellisa,

Has Savannah always lived outside? Has she only just started barking or has she always barked?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Savannah is only outside when we are out to work and school during the day which is for about 7-8 hours. When we come home, we play with her until dinner time. After dinner time, she is brought inside to sleep at night. She has always barked excessively when outside. SHe is kept in a dog run. She seems to bark most when someone is home and no one is outside with her. When we have people over to visit, she has to stay in the dog run because if we let her out, she jumps on the guests and gets into everything (their food, etc.). Is there anyting I can do to stop the barking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts