Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, well, after a quiet week chilling and relaxing with my new mate Shadow, I was off on my travels again this morning - not in the comfort of a car - oh no! Paul had decided to show me some of the countryside around where we live - on his mountain bike!!
So, just after 8.30am, Paul put me into his bag that normally has his waterproof jacket in and we set off in the lovely mild sun :D AFter about half an hour, we stopped to have a look at the view over Burnley to a hill called Pendle, which was something to do with witches in the olden days

We carried on, up more hills until we came to a place called a Wind Farm - i looked hard but i couldnt see any animals or a farm yard, just some tall things with propellors on them- apparently these are used to make electricity

It was very windy up there, but we soon came to a nice downhill run, and we nearly overtook a car 8O Paul had told me about a nice pub called the New Delight, but we were too early and it was closed :( Still, we carried on and turned up a track and onto some moors where we stopped and Paul had a drink and i had a nap in his helmet :D

Paul showed me where we were going around the other side of a reservoir call Black Moor

By this time we had done about 15 miles and Paul said there was one more big climb up the side of another reservoir called Widdup - I hope he didn't want any help in pedalling from me!! :lol:
The sun was getting really warm as we climbed up a stoney track past widdup (ok, ok, pushed!!) but the view at the top was amazing, although very windy! I didn't get out of my cozy bag in case I got blown away! :D

After another quick drink, we set off, with only about 7 miles to go. It was mostly downhill on a stoney track and I got quite scared at one point, as we hit a raised culvert at speed and became airborne. Paul said it hadn't been there last time and had taken him by surprise - i think he was a bit scared too, as he said some words that I had never heard before!! 8O
Then as we came over the brow of a small hill, there was Burnley in the dip

I asked Paul if I could drive, but he said I was a bit too small!

After 24 miles we finally arrived home at 12.30 - Paul's legs aching, muddy, but with big grins - I really enjoyed it - I just hope he was joking when he said that I 'd have to clean and oil his bike!! :lol:

Well, I think that's it for now, big woofs and licks to all my puppy (and human!) pals,

Love,
Barco xx

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Dear Barco

Woof woof! Sounds like you had a great day - a tiring one at that! 24 miles?! Mum told me the most she has managed was 17 miles and had to lie down for about a week after that.....

The countryside there looks wonderful - you're getting some great walks on your travels!

Looking forward to meeting you in the future.

Mucho woofos,
Smudgey
X

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Woof Woof Barco....

The country side is so beautiful i really enjoyed watching the pics.... It was been great fun to cruise against blowing wind....You sure have a funtime mate....how is this pubbing experince.... did you manage to lap a drink????

Barco what was shadow doing while you and paul were having a great biking ride.....

U seem to chilling mate envy you dude....see ya laterz

Cheers

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Smudge - Paul told me he once did 29 miles last year with a friend - although it did last all day and take in 4 pubs!! :? :D

Hi Vidhya & Frodo, yes the countryside is lovely around here - sadly no pubs were involved yesterday - the only one we went past wasn't open :(

Hugs and woofs,

The Barcomeister! 8)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Beer Boys :D

No pub yesterday ? - you've got some catching up to do today then! :lol:

Nice bike Paul, noticed Barco's collar matches just nicely!

Barco - sounds like you have been thoroughly spoilt in Burnley, all these walks and days out. Oh what fun there is to be had when your name is Barco Polo!!

Have a great day all of you, say hi to Shadow!!

Brad & Co 8)

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Barco,

Wow NO pub 8O That must be a first for Paul...lol :lol:

Glad you had a lovely day out :D You sound like you had a great adventure and with flying lessons too!!

Woof! woof!
Ben XX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts