Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey's lovely Zippy bed arrived yesterday & its fab but........... he refuses to put more than 2 paws in it 8O I've put his duvet in it & even tried bribing him by throwing in some treats but he just stepped in far enough to reach them, in deperation to show him how comfy it is i lay down in it but that didn't work either lol he just licked my face & tried to lie on me!. He spent all of last night on the floor :( Does anyone hav any ideas how to get him to like his new bed??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh dear. :?

I have no real suggestions other than to perhaps not give him treats in there, in case he gets the silly idea that he is being rewarded for being scared of the bed.

Does the bed rustle or make any noise? I bought my Collie a huge bean bag once, with a lovely soft furry cover on it. Blimmin' thing wouldn't go anywhere near it, because the balls inside moved about and made a noise. She did the same as Bailey and laid on the floor instead. After about a week, I gave up, gave her her old bed back and gave the bean bag to my kids. Bleddy dogs!!! :roll:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I`d just leave it in situ for now and let him get used to it in his own time, some dogs are wary of new things, others just leap straight in :)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Pud is like this about anything new, i really just leave him to get on with it and within a few days he's realised that it's actually quite comfy. To make sure he knows that it's his i always put it in the same spot as the old one and refer to it as his 'basket' even though all but his first bed havent been at all basket like. :D

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Lottie was a bit wary of her new Zippy but eventually got in and now loves it. They do make a bit of noise when they move around,so maybe he's a bit spooked by that.
We've left hers in the lounge and she uses her old one in our bedroom because the noise kept my OH awake :lol:

Barbara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, i'll leave his duvet in it & hopefully he'll get used to it & realise that its really comfy & not at all scary lol.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
ooooooh no - Zadie's bed does make a bit of a scrunchy noise (due to the material being waterproof) but I find it quite reassuring as I know she's settled in it when it scrunches. She doesn't seem to notice.

I'd say lots of treats in the bed, sitting to one side of it so Bailey can sit in the other side, etc and he should adapt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts