Labradors Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey will be 12 weeks on Friday & this week we've been able to go on our first proper walks & training classes.

I take him with me to the yard most days & I can now go for a walk up the bridlepath & round our fields once I've done the horses. I let him off lead & he stays v v close at the mo :D In fact so close sometimes that I almost trip over him :lol: So sadly no photos & I couldn't get him far enough away to take them! :lol:

For my second walk of the day, we walk up to the field in the village & we met our first fellow walker yesterday. Having a dog means you have an excuse to talk to people :D

He happily stays at home if I need to go out but quite often I take him with me. He's travelled in the horsebox, so I've taken him with me to my training sessions. Next week we'll be staying away in it for one night which should be fun :)

We were invited to friends for dinner on Monday & he was as good as gold, settling down to sleep in the latter part of the evening. Plus he met their cat :lol: I think we'll get invited back.

We've been training twice, which has been good fun. He's the baby of the class but can do sit, a short stay, an encouraged down, & walk to heel 'ish and ignore the distractions..... well most of the time :D

It's so nice to have the jabs done & be able to start going out & about.
I will also weigh him again on Friday, so I can compare with his litter mates.

A few pics from the weekend

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Hi Bailey....you are still my stunning big boy arent you!!

Your sister Lexi sends her love and boy she look like you know!!

Lexi has not been well this week, a bit of an infection but seems much better now, she is soo sweet, such an easy, intelligent pup.

I will weigh tomorrow and let you know what she is.

By the way I have just heard from Flash and sadly he has not had a good tummy, from 2 weeks after they had him, and he is only 7.6 kilos.....which is not right considering he was as huge as Bailey. I think its eating cat poo, and food that doesnt help with him.

Will let you know soon how much he weighs.

Big hugs to my boy

Trace xx

G

·
Awwww What a sweet not so little chap :D :D . He is like a little brown bear. :D

I can't wait to start classes with Pickle but the club I intend going to has broken up for the summer, so I have to wait another couple of weeks yet.

Perhaps we could meet up next week, somewhere in the middle (Thorndon perhaps ?) and my lot can teach Bailey how to be brave and adventurous 8O :lol: . Actually Pickle doesn't go far from me either. She goes a little way along with her big sisters then comes running back, just in case I need her. :wink:

Sorry to hear Lexi and Flash have been under the weather. It's always such a worry when they are so young. Cat poo to some dogs is Manna from Heaven and I know it used to really upset both Oyster's and Una's tums. Thankfully Pickle seems to be taking her lead from Mojo, she sniffs any poo then wrinkles her nose up in disgust (except Guinea Pig Poo, which is apparently scrummy :lol: ) and gives it a wide berth....Long may this continue. I haven't weighed Pickle at the vets this week but my son held her while on the scales and I think she put on another 1kg last week, so she is now about 7kgs. :D :D :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tjlab said:
Lexi has not been well this week, a bit of an infection but seems much better now.
Oh, sorry to hear Lexi has been a bit poorly. Glad she's on the mend. Bailey sends his love to his Sis. x

tjlab said:
By the way I have just heard from Flash and sadly he has not had a good tummy, from 2 weeks after they had him, and he is only 7.6 kilos. I think its eating cat poo, and food that doesnt help with him.
Oh, poor Flash :( Cat poo is def not good. Bailey has had a bit of horse poo, which made him a bit soft, but thankfully not too bad, & the next day he was fine again. He seems to be less interested in it now & as he's going to come into contact with it most days I'm hoping I can keep it that way :lol:

I'll do my weigh in tomorrow & do a separate post as I think it's a popular topic.

xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
_Jules_ said:
Perhaps we could meet up next week, somewhere in the middle (Thorndon perhaps ?) and my lot can teach Bailey how to be brave and adventurous 8O :lol:
That sounds a lovely idea. It would have to be towards he end of the weeks as we're going away at a horse show on tues / weds. Bailey's first overnight in the horsebox :D

Let me know what would be good for you. x.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts