Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, :cry:

Are 13 week old puppy has had a bad tummy for exactley a week now it started last Monday. He is toilet trained and has been for a few weeks, but with this bad tummy he has been messsing in his crate at night and is not asking to go out. His tummy has been absolultey fine up until last monday we have had him for 5 weeks.
Bean was wormed on the Sunday and his bad tummy started on the Monday, also my partner feed him Tuna on the day it started, I am also thinking that he may have picked something up in the garden or out on his little walks, but he has had both of his vaccentaions and his worning is up to date. For the first few days he was constipated dueing the day and had the runs all night, now he is going to the toilet dueing the day and asking to go out but at night he cant hold it in and meesses his bed he is going to the toilet loads which is worrying.

Please can someone offer me some advise on what they think may be causing this? or some advise on what to do to help ease his tummy and stop the diarria?
Do you think I should take him to the vets? he is his normal happy bouncy self however I am worried as it has been so long.

Many Thanks

Sarah and Bean X :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would contact your vet and seek their advice. At 13 weeks your pup is at risk from dehydration due to the diahorea. Speak to your vet and let them guide you.

Hope everything turns out okay. Keep us all posted.

Elaine

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi Sarah,hope Bean is better,i would guess it's his wormer as Dylan had the runs after his wormer(which led to his insurance not paying for his bacterial gut infection calling it a pre-exsisting condition)so the vet gives him a different one now but it still makes him have the runs,but Dyl is sensetive.So i would remind the vet that he has been wormed and that he was ill and ask for a different one next time.I dont think the tuna will do him any harm,Dylan lives on tuna,sardines and pilchards as they are good for bones and coat, anyway let us know how he gets on.Lynne.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Same thing happened to one of my parents dogs after he was wormed recently and can only assume it was the wormer as they had to take him to the vets for several tests but couldn't find anything wrong with him - he wasn't eating and had the runs.

It was apparently the same wormer as he's always had (he's 13), and their other dog wasn't 100% after it either although not as bad as the other one. For our Corbie, we use a holistic wormer (Four Seasons), which being a natural product is better for him and works.

I would get your pup to the vets to make sure everything is ok.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi Karen,sounds interesting,always willing to try anything that wont annoy Dylans tummy is it poss you can give me the details,Thanks,Lynne.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Lynne

Here's the link to the wormer product on the website :

http://www.holisticpetsupplies.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=87

Corbie's breeder uses this on all of her dogs, including when Corbie was first wormed, and she's had no problems at all so we've continued to use it for Corbie. Especially after what happened to my parents' dog (and Corbie's vet was happy enough when I told her what wormer we're using). It's a liquid so easy to feed to the pup on a piece of bread!

Hopefully you'll find it useful.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi Karen,thanks a lot ,will order Dylan some as he does not get on with what our vet has,take care, big kiss for Corbie(love that name)from Dylan.Lynne.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad Tummy 13 week old puppy, Need some advise

Hi All
Thank you for your reply's they where all very helpful. I have spoken with the vet, they seem to think that it is not the wormer as it does not normally have this effect, and if is does if causes sickness.
I have been advised by them to feed Bean, fresh chicken and rice for a couple of days and then if his bad tummy is still at large I will then take him to the vets.

It is puzzeling, Bean is himself he is eating drinking and being cute and fun as useal, I am hoping that the Chicken and Rice will sort him out? ( fingers crossed )
I will keep you all posted, however any further comments or advise will be greatley appricated.

Many Thanks

Sarah and Bean X :D
branwen said:
Hi Sarah,hope Bean is better,i would guess it's his wormer as Dylan had the runs after his wormer(which led to his insurance not paying for his bacterial gut infection calling it a pre-exsisting condition)so the vet gives him a different one now but it still makes him have the runs,but Dyl is sensetive.So i would remind the vet that he has been wormed and that he was ill and ask for a different one next time.I dont think the tuna will do him any harm,Dylan lives on tuna,sardines and pilchards as they are good for bones and coat, anyway let us know how he gets on.Lynne.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts