Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Back on Track products (I’m thinking specifically of the dog mesh/rug)? I’ve read “The Science Bit” about how the ceramics reflect the heat back deep into the body and warm the muscles / improve circulation etc – but I don’t really understand how that differs from just a normal warm winters coat? Back on Track seems very popular in the agility world at the moment – but I don’t know whether it really works or if it’s just the latest thing to be seen in?

Does anyone have any opinions?

Angela

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
An agility friend uses a Back On Track coat on her Viszla who has trouble with his back. She has said it has been a very good buy for him and keeps him comfortable.

He does looks abit goth like with it on though, we always joke that he just needs a nose piercing and earrings to go with it :lol:

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
These have pinged up on my radar recently... Have been wondering the same and whether a coat could benefit Loon... Shall be watching this thread!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah well - I've spent the afternoon researching and found lots of positive reviews from the horse world...so I've ordered Moss a mesh rug and the small blanket for me and Millie to share!

It does look a bit goth though, with all the laceup bits and the tail zip for dogs with high tail carriage! :lol:

If it does everything it claims to I think it would help Luna a lot....go on....get her one for christmas....get those Hurtta harnesses we were looking at, too! :wink:

Angela

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well - Moss has been wearing his back on track mesh rug (AKA The Gimp Suit 8O ) for a couple of days now - too early to say whether it's doing anything - but he does seem to love it! He's a cuddly, snuggly boy anyway, so he's quite happy in a coat, but when I left it on my bed day he lay on top of it to sleep - so I think he like it!

Angela

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Spotted one of Luna's friends wearing one at comp today. A dog that had problems with it's back and was lent a coat by a friend. Difference was noticed within 2 days of it being worn.

I'm now thinking I should have ordered 52cm instead of 55cm but we'll see what turns up!! Just you watch it's fit Tucker perfectly and be too big for Luna so I'll end up ordering a 2nd one.....

I think I could need a big blanket to wrap myself in! I'm beginning to ache after these activity packed weekends!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do do big blankies!:lol:
I got the small blanket and have slept with it over my hip for a couple of nights...and I do think my hip isn't hurting as it was! Not yet sure if it's wishful thinking/pacebo - but we'll see!

I think 55cm might possibly be a bit big - if you went for a 22inch winter coat for her these seem to come up bigger. But I'm sure Tucker will love it :)

Angela

1 - 7 of 7 Posts