Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering what is the latest age dog can still have there baby teeth? Only ben has one baby tooth left and he is now 7 months old i thought they should have fallen out by now :? ( maybe wrong?) Should i ask the vet to remove it or will it aventually fall out on its own? It does not seem loose and all the rest have gone except this one!

Cristina

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh well, off to the vet this afternoon, should find out some answers there. :D

Cristina & Ben :grommit:

·
Registered
173 Posts
where is the tooth? the canines are the last to come in and that's usually around 6 or 7 months. Some times baby teeth won't come out and they should be removed. Otherwise they can trap food and cause the adult tooth to decay. If it does need to come out it can usually be done when he's neutered (if he hasn't been?) so he doesn't have to go under twice...

·
Registered
168 Posts
agree with dana. molly had a baby tooth that was broken but wouldn't come out. the vet said it would need to come out and have it done when she is speyed, however it fell out of it's own accord.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

It is his lower left canine, its going abit off colour and he gets stuff trapped between it (smelly breath yuck!)He has not been neutered yet as he had xrays done and then a major opperation on his front right leg recently, we did'nt want to have him sedated again so soon after all that. He is having a check up today on his leg, so i will ask about it then. I have read so many different articles on the net, and each one differs from the last!!
Thanks for the advise.

Cristina & Ben :grommit:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts