Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

In June I'm going to be going to a companion dog show, which is being held by a local hospice.

On the entry form, in the predigre section it states AV before each class?
As this will be out first show, I'm not sure what it stands for? Can anyone tell me? It's probably something obvious :lol:

Thanks

Fay

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Any variety -
AV Gundog would mean any variety of gundog. Not that up on showing, but I don't think the companion shows divide the classes into groups, but may be wrong.
Sounds great - what classes are you entering.
Jenny :)

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh thank you Jenny :) The one class is

Yes it should be fun - well I hope so!

I'm not sure on the classes I'm going in for yet - other than puppy in the pedigree classes. There are a few in the novelty I might try! As in waggiest tail.

I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on :lol:

Thanks again for solving the mystery.

Take care

Fay

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hello

This i sthe stage at which I started out at.

AV does stand for any variety, watch out also for the sporting, and non- sporting classes,.... if there are any......labs are entered in for the sporting class.

They also have some very funny classes so watch out for these aswell..... dogs with the waggiest tail, bitch withthe prettiest face..dont know who they meant with this one, whether it was the dog or the handler,hee.. hee :lol: :lol:

Any way go out there and have some fun :) smile and Good luck and remember at the end of the day you still have the best looking dog 8)

Tell us all about it when you can lol

Colette (Brighteye)

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi :D

Thanks for the replies :)

Ive just had a proper look at the classes and I will be able to enter AV puppy and AV sporting.

In the fun classes they have Best veteran, prettiest bitch, most handsome dog (another for me :D ), child handling, best crossbreed, waggiest tail, best rescue, best dressed dog, most atrractive colour markng (wont be in that one :lol: ), dog judge would most like to take home and anyone whp has not won a prize that day :(

Something for everyone - should be fun! I'll let you all know - anyway its good practice for the 'Get together Dog Show'

If anyone else fancies it, it's on 18th June, at St. Michaels Hospice, Hereford.

Fay :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Good luck Fay these shows are usually good fun REgards Meg

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi :)

Thought I'd let you know how I got on at this show.

Well, he was a good boy but no rosettes :( Never mind!!

It was a boiling hot day, and as it was their first show they had no idea of how many dogs to expect. It was supposed to start at 12, but they didnt manage to start it till 1pm. By then we'd been there 2 hours!! Luckily we found a bit of shade but the poor dogs we so hot, and there were lots of burnt bodies!! Ouch!!

We entered 5 classes and I'm glad to say best in show was a lovely black lab - but not mine unfortunately lol They all seem very professional. But I'm determined just to get one rossette and I'll be happy! :D

I'll have another go in a fortnight - but I'm enjoying it anyway :D

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Hi Fay,

Sorry to hear that Harvey came away empty pawed, never mind, next time you'll get one.

Must have been hard work keeping the dogs cool for so long, glad you enjoyed it, anyway :wink:

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Paul - I'll get one one day lol :D

All the dogs were covered with cold wet towels - bless 'em!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Fay,

Shame harvey didn't get anything, but the main thing is you both enjoyed it. :wink:

Fingers crossed for the next one, and if not then there is always the get together one...you never know??!! :lol:

If it was anything like down here yesterday then it would have been scoring

Good luck for next time xx

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Cris, it was absolutely scorching - and who was the idiot who went in jeans, as it wasnt that nice early on??? :roll:

At least I'm getting lots of practice in for the 'get together' lol

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
LOL..hope your taking notes too in the ring..lmao

you weren't the only one in jeans..lol :oops: although they were cropped ones but still really hot..lol :oops: :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At least you had cool ankles lol

Yep, I'm watching and taking it all in! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts