Labradors Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Argh! Cadbury's new game for getting people to pay attention to him is to slam doors - yes, slam doors. He then sits on the other side and cries until someone opens it.

This however does not work on me as I know what he is up to. So if he shuts himself in the kitchen, tough.

But when Bruv or dad are around - ARGH! As soon as it happens they open the door and make a fuss of him.
"Oh Cadbury, its alright, did you shut the door on yourself? Poor boy!"

Blinkin manipulative boy if you ask me!!

I've told them off and so they stopped (mostly). So now Cadbury has upped the ante. He slams the door and THEN BANGS ON IT REPEATEDLY!!!!!! Until someone comes and once more rescues him.

And they've started opening the door again. How many times must I tell them? They don't believe it is attention-seeking. I know for certain it is, because Cadbury purposefully shuts the door on himself when for instance I go in the bathroom first thing in the morning and haven't said much to him. or when I am ignoring him because he has been naughty.

Grrr, men! Cadbury has them right where he wants them! :lol:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
:) Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh at your frustration but I had to smile, I just love Cadbury's stories.

What a boy you have there!

Mine wouldn't even be capable of thinking to do that.

Penny goes into our utility room every day as the food is kept in there, it is so tight that she does'nt even have space to turn round. The daft dog just stands there until we come to get her, not a peep of sound out of her!

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Not stupid is he!!!

My husband's home for the weekend and Luna's begging eyes remember who it is best to plead at! Whenever men are around Luna she KNOWS that she will get what she wants! Women she is far more respectful off!!!!!

G

·
Clever boy :lol:

We have a door where the dogs can push to get into the room but it then shuts by itself and they can't get out :roll: Alfie will just jump on the sofa in there and nod off until someone lets him out but billy lays by the door tapping it with his paw :roll: I do let him out if i realise he's stuck in there and anyone would think he'd been left in there years how he reacts when finally released :lol:

Could you not prop the door open somehow so he can't slam it?

typical teenager eh :lol:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you not prop the door open somehow so he can't slam it?
I have a feeling he would eat the doorstop :?

Oh he makes me laugh really. Just always up to something and always so inventive with ways to get around people.

And it isn't just closing doors, he opens them too. He has two methods, lever handles are easy he just stands up and loops his paws over the handle and pulls down, though (thankfully!) he has not mastered opening doors like this if they have to be pulled inwards.

However, if a door is ajar, he will hook his paw around the edge and yank it open. He can only do this with his right paw though.

The other week at obedience I was about to go through a gate, it was slightly open. He hooked his paw around it and yanked hard. It swung back so fast it almost took out the dog behind us! :oops:

G

·
LOL never a dull moment in your house with cadbury around :lol:

we have a doorstop and it was only a couple of weeks ago that i realised my dogs are now grown ups coz the doorstop hasn't been played with or chewed :(

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aw, Lacey - sad but good at the same time.

Cadbury was roaming the living room yesterday, he is usually such a numpty and will steal things and such. But yesterday he didn't disturb anything, even left alone the pig squeaky toy that was on a side table and that he really, really wanted because he was staring at it so hard.

Eventually he laid down and went to sleep. They grow up so fast!

But anything on the kitchen floor, especially if it prevented door slamming, is liable to be eaten!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Young Cadbury knows how to manipulate his doting admirers doesn't he?
I really do think dogs are the master of our body language..they see far more than we do :)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I don't know what to suggest, am hopeless! but couldn't not comment on the fact that you have one very bright boy there :wink: :lol: ....sorry...

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you have one very bright boy there
And don't I know it!! 8O :lol: Talk about hard work for your first dog! It has certainly been a baptism of fire with him sometimes! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Chocice said:
Grrr, men! Cadbury has them right where he wants them! :lol:
:lol: :lol: no consolation, but I have exactly the same problem with my OH - pray you never have to put him on a diet - because that is a constant battle ground the OH most definitely cannot grasp :roll:

G

·
Just put a towel or folded tea towel over the top of the door, it'll stop it from slamming shut and is well out of doggie reach (until he learns to climb :wink: )

I used to "towel" doors when my childfren where young to stop them trapping their fingers as they used to pull the door stops off to play with them :roll:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
pray you never have to put him on a diet - because that is a constant battle ground the OH most definitely cannot grasp
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just put a towel or folded tea towel over the top of the door, it'll stop it from slamming shut and is well out of doggie reach
Ah ha! That's a good one! He couldn't bang it then either. Excellent, thank you. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts