Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lab is 10 and has arthritis he is on yumove anybody any suggestions to something better ?? Thanks

·
Administrator
20,587 Posts
In my experience any supplement may or may not work with any particular dog. It's a matter of trying different supplements until you find the one which works for your dog. Yumove is generally accepted as very good. Another possibility is Joint Aid.

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-supplements-cat-supplements-joint-supplements-c-5_4/joint-aid-for-dogs-p-4916

But sometimes we have to accept that the only way is a strong pain killer. My old Anna was one such, and for her I used Metacam. Often you can get away with a lower dose than the recommended. In the case of Anna I was using around a third of the recommended dose.

Don't expect anything to give immediate relief, in all cases it takes a time to build up in the body before it starts to take effect. Probably up to 2 to 3 weeks.

John :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, my old boy Jordi had severe arthritis in his elbow. He couldn’t have anti inflammatory medication as it affected his liver. He had to have Tramadol for pain relief but I also discovered Curcupet-K9 from a company called FutureYou. It’s primarily consisting of turmeric which is a natural anti inflammatory. I found it gave him much better movement and he was on it until I lost him last year aged 14. He’d had the problem since he was 6. Another thing I had tried was Synoquin available from many online pet suppliers. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Have a nosey at riaflex. Great value for money and stronger than standard yumove

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Twiggy was on Synoquin until she got to about 12 then she moved over to Nutraquin - Presciption only but did make a difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts