Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would tell you all about my nice 'trip' yesterday - I'm currently sitting at my computer nursing a nice bruised knee and a very painful shoulder injury ... please don't laugh :D

It happened yesterday afternoon.... my slippers were on the radiator in the kitchen drying after I had to get Corbie in from the garden (the 'come' command has suddenly become non-existent to him!). I was sitting in the office working, which is at the opposite end of the house.

I heard him get one of my slippers off the radiation so I ran down the hall - which was quite dark at this point and it also has a dark wood floor - turned to enter the kitchen, but didn't see one of his fleecy blankets on the floor that he had dragged out of his bed earlier.... :shock:

My feet went from under me as I trod on the fleece blanket, I grabbed the door frame with my left hand, my right knee hit the floor hard and my left shoulder got twisted in a way that isn't natural for it!!! :lol: I'm then limping up and down the hall holding my shoulder in tears of pain with Corbie frantically trying to see if I was alright! He gave me a big kiss ....

Note to self: If running down a dark hallway, turn on a light or get the pup to put his toys/bedding/etc away first!! :lol:

(I've just turned around in my chair to see a couple of his fleecy blankets behind me and Corbie sitting in his bed staring at me ... perhaps he thought it was funny the first time and wants me to do it again?!)

Who else has a funny tale to tell of puppy mischief that's ended in tears usually for the poor owner?! :D

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Karen,sorry to hear about your pain,i sympathise with you as Dylan had one of his" look at me i'm a whirlwind" fit yesterday morning ,so i also am in pain,have you tried arnica gel? allways have a bottle in and also use it on Dylan, fantastic for bruises and after operations and arthritis.hope you feel better soon.Lynne.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those little pups are tougher than us aren't they - we need to be kitted out like American footballers!

Haven't tried arnica gel - only tried some ibroprophen gel which didn't do anything. Thanks for the recommendation, looks like I'd better have some of that in stock! Hope your bruises heal soon too. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
A dogs tail!

Karen...loved your tale...or should that be tail !

I wrote a book full of the mishaps of my pup Barney... as he either potters from room to room destroying things, eats my mail, adorns my back yard with those presents only a pup can be so proud to leave you, chews the connection off my telephone..etc etc

Ah.... but just one of those stupid grins he gives and all is forgiven...until the next time! Grrrrrr

Look forward to hearing other doggy tails :D

John

www.marsupialelvis.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi folks

Last November i took Jess out for a walk at a quiet bit next to the river. I let her of the lead after having a look about to see if no one was about and she was running about chasing the crows when she seen a lady with her 2 dogs on the lead and made a bee line for them.

I started to run towards her shouting "come" and a disc went in my back and my back went into spasm. I stopped dead and could hardly stand, Jess had snatched on of the dogs toys from it's mouth and was running about in front of them trying to get them to chase her. The lady was shouting at me to come and get my dog I said no problem i'll be over in half an hour, it nearly took that to get Jess back on the lead and into the car.

I had to drive back to the house and i couldn't put my foot down on the clutch so the gears were grinding everytime i tried to change them which drew a few stares. I finally got home and got lynne to take me to the doctors.

Thats been nearly 3 months and i'm at physio and still of work with nerve damage and a sore back.

Jess must have thought it was great to see that i couldn't get anyhere near her and just ran past me everytime i tried to get her on the lead.

Not sure the lady was to happy though when she seen me taking my time to try and get Jess back on the lead :p

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch, that sounds painful. Hope you recover fully soon.

Jess was a little mischief taking another dog's toy and then teasing them with it, little rascal! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have some slippers that light up when you walk and cookie has developed a habit for pouncing on the back of my feet when im walking around the house i've lost count the times shes had me on the floor and then pouncing on my head.

she also likes socks & underwear, she doesnt chew them she just carries them around one day me & my hubby had a home insurance guy round to give us a quote and in walks cookie with one of my bras in her mouth the shame of it :shock:

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
in jan i took my two dogs for a walk charlie my king charles and brandy my black lab now on the lead they are how do you say lively bouncy noisy..lol..as soon as they see there leads thats it mayhem. anyway manage to fight with them and get there leads on (off the lead i can not fault them they are so well behaved) shouted bye to mu hubby as at this point i was at my gate even before i could finish goodbye. :lol: im out side the gate dogs barking like mad i wave(or should i say nod) hello to my neighbour who is building there fence with a few other ppl i sart to walk (be dragged) up my street when next thing my charlie runs across me at the same time brandy tries to run so i end up splat on my face in front of everyone and the dogs just standing there barking at me..i quickly shot up grab the leads and very quickly walked off my face was like a beetroot...anyway 2hrs down the beach i headed back home got in sat down took my trainers off.. told my hubby he was on floor laughing ..i went to stand up and couldnt my ankle was in so much pain so i ended up in a&e in a wheelchair with my ankle the size of a balloon xrayed they said very badly sprained ankle had to rest for 2 weeks well that made me laugh what with my 4 kids and dogs and house to sort out yeah i was really going to get some rest..lol..anyway hubby had to take week of work as i had my leg all strapped up and couldnt walk on it for a week..

so there is my embarrasing story and nope the neighbour didnt even come to my rescue..lol..

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How we suffer at the hands (or should that be 'paws') of our pups - but we still love 'em ... even after they manage to embarrass us so much (and cause us pain!)! :oops: :lol:

Love hearing the stories :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, Poppy isn't too bad on the embarrassment front, but my last lab...... I remember once we were in the greengrocers, waiting to be served and Sam nicked a carrot and gobbled it up. I looked casually around and no one seemed to have noticed, then half a minute later he sicked it all up. Still no one saw, so I got a couple of tissues out my pocket and scooped it up and dropped it into my trolley. Lovely when I got home. Another time he very smoothly picked up a bunch of flowers that were in a tub in front of the shop. I didn't notice til we were down the road he was prancing along holding this bouquet. Once we were passing an elderly gentleman on the pavement who 'broke wind'. Well, obviously you pretend you haven't heard, but Sam whirled round and gave him such a look of intense interest. I could go on and on, each day he did something to make me want to curl up. He was a great character.

Rosie

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Love the stories, the best bit is you can relate to nearly all of them! My previous lab, a black 'un called Gillie could make you wish the ground would open up and swallow you! One day we were out walking across a local wooded area when we came across an elderley chap who we knew who ws sitting on the ground at the side of the path, throwing a stick for his spaniel. After a brief chat, i walked on and called Gillie to 'come', after a few paces, I realised he wasn't at my heel, looked around just in time to see him cock his leg against the back of the bloke! Sadly I could not halt what happened next, but luckily he saw the funny side of it and even though I offered to have his jacket cleaned, he wouldn't hear of it and just laughed! All the time, Gillie just sat there with one of those big labrador grins with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth!

Cheeres

Paul.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts