Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

The breeder I'm getting my bitch from is feeding her Arden Grange Puppy Food.

I was just wondering what people's general opinion is of that product.

I don't mind her remaining on the same product, but I want to give her good quality food.

·
Administrator
22,041 Posts
When looking at foods there are three considerations.

1/ Quality. (the reason is obvious.)
2/ Availability. (There is no point in selecting a food which is difficult to obtain where you are.)
3/ Price. (Sadly we ae not all millionaires, so price does have to come into the equation for many people.)

Arden Grange is a reasonable quality food and I would certainly recommend you using it, at least initially. When you first get a puppy there are so many changes in the pup's life, different people, different home, so much stress. At least by keeping the same food the breeder was using you are helping to minimise that stress, something the pup knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When looking at foods there are three considerations.

1/ Quality. (the reason is obvious.)
2/ Availability. (There is no point in selecting a food which is difficult to obtain where you are.)
3/ Price. (Sadly we ae not all millionaires, so price does have to come into the equation for many people.)

Arden Grange is a reasonable quality food and I would certainly recommend you using it, at least initially. When you first get a puppy there are so many changes in the pup's life, different people, different home, so much stress. At least by keeping the same food the breeder was using you are helping to minimise that stress, something the pup knows.
That's why I wanted to keep to the food she's used to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts