Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you got a lab that is insistant on picking practically anything up whilst out walking?! (and I mean anything 8O) and not wanting to drop it! Or is mine the only one?! :?

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Yes, I think most of us have the problem! We call them wombles (the labs)! :lol:
Ben can not go for a walk with out bring something back with him!!! :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
your dog is what we call a WOMBLE...lol..there was a post not so long ago about it..lol..so welcome to the womble club..lol...
i should of checked for you on what part of the forums it was sorry..lol..ill try hunt it down now for you :)

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Sorry fraid not,dylan brings home anything and everything,beer and pop cans,bottles twigs,huge trees,flowers from peoples gardens,he will stop to pick up anything,there is no stopping him,lynne+dylan,

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
when they made the wombles they should have used labbys :lol: a lab that doesnt womble is the exception :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
AWWW thats a lovely avatar :)

When we are on a walk, Harvey will pick up absolutely everything!!!

Fay :)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

Smudge is always trying to pick up stuff off the ground! I am always stopping to try and extract things from his mouth - sometimes worry about what I'm going to find!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Corbie picks stuff up but them throws it away not long after - people must think he's the litter bug culprit! :D He did eat a caterpillar on his walk recently, luckily it wasn't poisonous. Tried to get it out of his mouth, but it was gone too quick!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Brady is a total Womble, especially at the beach - maybe beachcomber is a more apt word! Tonight he found a seagulls head (or skull rather :dead: ) Yuck.

Last night he caused a bit of hilarity at training too. After being complimented on how good our heelwork was, we went on to try some heelwork around cones (mini traffic cones). The trainer wanted us up two at a time, and Brady was first up because of his impressive performance.

Well, could I get him to walk past a cone without picking it up? :oops: Lets just say it provided a bit of light relief in the middle of the training session - the little comedian that he is :toothy1:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Rona

Congratulations on your success at training. The only thing Smudge was used as an example for was his 100% attendance! lol! I'm afraid he was the class joker/rebel! He didn't even go anywhere near the cones! lol! Just ran off across the room!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Nicola,

thankfully Brady LOVES his training sessions - all that meeting and greeting is the highlight of his week! He also performs brilliantly, loves showing off how clever he is :thegraduate:

If only he was like that all the time! (could it be something to do with the massive bag of liver cake at the training class? :D )

Rona

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Rona

That's where we were going wrong - no liver cake!

Smudge used to love seeing the other puppies but a bit too much and was far too distracted to concentrate on being obedient! lol!

The funniest was when we went to our final class and were the only ones that turned up. Smudge had us all to himself so we let him off the lead - cue 4 grown women and Chris chasing around Caxton Village Hall after him! Great fun!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol..I think Oscar's just about to get a new nic name!!! :lol: he was running around this morning with an old comb that he'd found! sooo funny!!!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Nic640,

Another womble here with our Bradley! :lol:

A walk soon becomes a treasure hunt for him & he will try to grab hold of things many things as he can! He's quite clever now in that if an interesting object is approaching, and he knows he's not going to be allowed it (i.e.mum or dad remove it before he gets to it!) he will 'paw' the item into his easy reach quickly, before we can get hold of it! Little monkey!

There always seems to be a plastic bottle, old juice carton, pine cone or dirty tissue just waiting to be found in the 'lab treasure hunt' !! :D

Julie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts