Labradors Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me that thinks Liza Tarbucks presenting of the show was shocking?? She was constantly mixing her words up and was forever looking at the ipad to see what she had to say rather than looking at the camera. 8O

Have to say i'm glad Clare Balding will be back presenting from tomorrow, can't wait to be there myself on Saturday, i was meant to go today but ended up not being able to make it. :roll: :)

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Liza Tarbuck was shockingly bad.

I won't be able to watch it now on tv as it's moved to c4 and I don't receive c4 now due to UK broadcasters migrating to a new satellite with a tighter spot beam.

Gutted. :(

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I must admit I put it on and turned over because she was so awful. I am Very glad Claire will be there instead.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no that's no good Nicola, could you not watch it online on demand? It would probably be a day late but better than nothing?

I'm glad it's not just me that thought she was bad, even the owner of the Rottweiler that she interviewed didn't seem happy with her.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I watched ten minutes of it and I have to admit Lisa did sound out of her depth. Was she possibly stand in for Claire maybe?

I'm also going on Sunday Ashleigh so I will look out for you. :0)

?

·
0 Posts
I had to turn it off.

I'm sure Liza Tarbuck is a lovely person, but she can't present for toffees. I had the "pleasure" of listening to part of her radio show one evening 8O 8O 8O

Thank goodness Claire is back soon.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
I recorded it so I could skip through the bits I didn't want to watch :wink:
This evening it's on More 4 from 6.30 to 7.30 then the rest is on CH4.

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
Even the commentary of the working group, with the, "I don't know how to pronounce that name was a disgrace, and an insult to the people concerned. I have never in my life seen Crufts presented so badly.

Regards, John

?

·
0 Posts
I have never in my life seen Crufts presented so badly.
You'd have thought they would have at least found a knowledgeable dog person to fill the slot, until Claire came back. Maybe they should have dusted off Peter Purves. 8)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Recorded it on Sky+ Box so was able to FFWD a lot of it on playback.

I watched the working group but that's because of having some interest in some of the breeds there.

Granted I watched it quite late in the evening....but all in all a bit of a yawn for me.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
It was shockingly bad 8O - Why on earth did she agree to present it? If someone asked me to present a (live!!) program about astronomy I'd turn it down as I would not know enough about it - just because I've looked through a telescope and can name a few planets it's not enough to front a program so why is it that just because you own a dog (or grew up with one) that is enough to become the tv presenter of Crufts? Thank God, Claire Balding is back tonight as she does a brilliant job..

Natasha

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like Clare's return is awaited by everybody. If Liza had been presenting the whole 4 days I think I might have been very tempted not to watch the rest of the live shows and just stick to YouTube and I have always looked forward to watching the live shows!

Hopefully channel 4 will now realise what a flop Liza was and not ask her to present any Cruft shows in the future. Welcome back Clare! :D

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Seeing Clare Balding today, I'd probably say that poor Liza probably had to put up with a failed TelePrompTer. She is usually pretty good at live things.

Mind you I don't think the camera work is as good as it's been in the past.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I thought she was bad too, same patronising tone as her radio shows, but she looked and sounded awful - wouldn't have been surprised if she was hitting the squiffy stuff before she went on air!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wonderful show so far Tonight

Great to see these scufts on at the moment. Anyone been reading the research that Dogs use the same part of their brain as we do for emotions etc.

Fascinating and hardly surprising to us Dog owners

1 - 19 of 19 Posts