Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am just looking into changing my 6 month old Black Lab Buddy over to an adult food and found a site - "www.whichdogfood.co.uk", and this came up with some "good" suggestions. Whilst trying to get a balance of "good" food and cost I found one recommendation which was Markus Muhle NaturNah - it got 4.5 out of 5 and was a reasonable cost - the review was pretty good too. Thing is - I want to find out if it is as good as the review - if its so good then why isn't it stocked everywhere? Does anyone use this and where do they get it from. Should I give up and look at what is in the local chain pet stores. To be honest, I want the best for Bud, at a decent price, and that I can get my hands on easily. Maybe even blag a couple of trial packs to see if he likes it before buying a big bag.

I feel like the preverbial dog chasing its tail!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Had a quick look and it's made in Germany hence why isn't readily stocked here.
It looks good but for me I prefer a grain free good. I feed mine on a potato and meat based food from Simpsons premium.
Here is which dog page http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0468/simpsons-premium-adult-sensitive

It's made in the uk too which I like and order online and arrives the next day. Little more cost wise that the one u picked out above but no grain which I prefer.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I also changed my two to this after trying (and failing) on raw! They've been on it for approx. 3 months now and I'm really happy with it. I also buy of Zooplus, apart from MM direct it's the only place you can get it from. It's a cold pressed food as opposed to extruded, and therefore has a shelf life. We're all happy and I can't see us changing in the near future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your posts - I am still researching but am still tempted by MM the reviews are great and the grain is treated so its more digestible. I have a weight and nutrition consultation at pets at home tomorrow so thought I would see what they have to say (always a bit unsure with the chains as to how well informed their staff actually are) but will see what they say and carry on research - maybe even blag some trials to see if Bud likes them.

Lovely walk today with Bud and the kids out in the woods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
we have been feeding our 10 month old labs on regular Markus Muhle since they came off puppy food and they're doing really well on it. We tried all the other foods with our previous dogs, usually giving them James Wellbeloved fish and rice (poultry intolerance), but I think the MM is a better product. I certainly seems to be appealing to them, and our doggy visitors have eaten it happily too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts