Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We're visiting friends in Whitstable today, and I want to take Harry but she reckons there are no dogs allowed on any of the beaches. Having looked at the Canterbury city website, it looks to me as though they are actually allowed on the stretch of beach from island wall down to Seasalter, just not on the tankerton slopes section running along Marine Parade. Can anyone confirm if this is the case. Really don't want to leave Harry at home, even with a dog walker coming in as we're going to be out all day, plus he adores beaches!
Yours hopefully!
Gwinny

S

·
0 Posts
Many years ago used to spent alot of time down there and used to always take the dogs on the beach at Seasalter - pebbly beach is I remember rightly.

HTH

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we used to live there. Mostly pebbly though sand/mud when tide is out. I know the regulations have changed recently though, just not sure whereabouts.

·
Registered
621 Posts
We've got friends nearby in Faversham, and we've definitely been on the beach at Seasalter with Dougal, but it was October I think, so can't be certain if there are seasonal restrictions.

We were on the stretch on the far side of Seasalter from Whitstable (the Faversham side) and that was quite sandy at low tide.

Hope you have a great day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts