Labradors Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy has discovered the delights of Blackberrys whilst out on a walk... :roll: If we stop and have a little rest she's got her head straight in the bushes gently nibbling off the lovely plump fruits, I know she's on a diet but this is ridiculous!! :lol:

G

·
yes every year alfie loves to pick his own... amazing how he only picks the ripe ones :D he's always got his head shoved in a blackberry bush at the moment :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Lottie will...as soon as they are ripe. A bit behind here oop North :lol:
She is a fruitaholic..and would kill for apples,plums,pears,bananas,raspberries and kiwi (yes kiwi :lol: )
I'm sure it won't be long before she starts.
Oh well better than getting to be a fat lab!

Barbara

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Afraid so :roll:

We have a few blackberry bushes in the garden :oops: and Fidge has started picking off the berries on the low hanging branches.
It's so funny to watch as she curls her lips back and gently picks them off with her front teeth :lol: :lol:
Not seen the purple poo yet though :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
yup we have a cultivated blackberry in the garden..jumbo size and no thorns..Linc hasn't picked his own yet..but likes his windfalls :wink:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes, same here too! Dougal has started munching the ones in the garden, but he turned his nose up at some 'free-range' ones on our walk at the weekend... getting picky! :)

G

·
Bailey loves blackberries & he's even taught his best friend Molly how to pick them without getting prickled :lol:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yep - we grow them on the allotment and Truffle has started to harvest them for us. He's also keen on blueberries, strawberries, and apples all from the garden - the cheeky chappy is trying to harvest the apples from the tree as well as having the windfall :evil: Maybe I need to increase his meals as he's a growing lad :D

Cat and (a very greedy) Truffle

G

·
Yep, Ruby's been chomping on the fruit from the bramble bushes for weeks now, and has completely destroyed OH's fruit bushes in the garden! He doesn't mind, though, as we've never used the fruit from them in the past, and he had been thinking of digging them up anyway.

Last night's walk took twice as long as Ruby kept burying her head in the wild brambles. I had to keep dragging her out for fear she'd over-do it and give herself an upset stomach. Oh, the irony then, when I got home, had my dinner and then had an upset stomach myself! :roll:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Charlie Brown is loving the blackberries and earlier this year he feasted on my raspberries!

He had a keen eye on my Mum's plum tree yesterday!

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Yes, Rusti and Sunni have recently discovered blackberries and they love them. I've been out in the fields picking them and they decided to join in and now they are obsessed with them!

They also keep pinching plums off my tree :evil:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny dogs eh!!! :wink: I only mentioned it as she never did it last year and only just noticed her doing it the last couple of weeks, she does love her apples too and thinks a walk has been made if she finds a rogue apple core that someone has left in the bushes!! :)

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Mambo taught Skits how to pick them without getting hurt!! It is strange tho how it is only the ripe ones!! Mambo will even try to climb up the bank to get at them!! :lol:

Marianne

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
This summer, Mouse has eaten most of my peas, strawberries, courgettes, raspberries, and is now making her way through the pears on the low-hanging branches and she gorges on blackberries when we are in the woods!

Touching wood, she has had a cast iron belly so far!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
We went blackberry picking last weekend, bizarrely basil didn't help himself to the bush but did believe that each one we dropped must be for him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts