Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've just been for a walk. I opted to walk above the beach this time instead of on it, for an on-lead march prior to dinner.
Above the beach there's a large stretch of grass which is perfect for dog walking and off lead exercise for better behaved doglets (there's a very quiet road which borders it).

Anyway, I came across a couple who had with them a 9 month old (something) pup, gorgeous she was and desperate to play. They also had a 3 or 4 year old terrier/whippet/something cross and a Heinz 57 oldie.

Indy was DYING to play and the guy said "will she come back if you let her off?" I said she would and decided to let her have a play with the youngster and a chase of the ball, they had a great time for five minutes or so :D
We're then joined by a HUGE male Wolfie and his owner.

Anyway, the 3-4 year old gets the ball and Indy decided she would like it so she approached him/her for it. Oh, he/she didn't like that AT ALL and put Indy firmly in her place!! There was a bit of GRRAAAHHWWR and some baring of teeth and a teeny lunge but that was it. Well, you'd think Indy's ears, legs and tail had been torn off the way she carried on! Her tail went between her legs, she sunk low to the ground and scuttled off, yelling "OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW" all the way!!! She then cowered on a grassy mound and slunk back to me slowly, all hackles up and tail between legs, covered in spit :lol:
Anyway, the owner came over and she went to him with her best "oh god look at me I'm DYING" look so he gave her a scritch. Indy then went across to the owner of the Wolfie with her best "oh god look at me I'VE BEEN ALMOST KILLED" look and the Wolfie owner starts fussing her, Indy sits on her feet and gives her big brown eyes... :roll:

I then explained that she can be quite a drama queen (no, really?) and I chose to end the walk there. I walked home with Indy on lead and they carried on along the top of the beach. The funniest thing was, once she returned to me and had chilled out, she was mates almost instantly with the dog which had caused all the fuss in the first place!!
She's never been told off like that so I do hope she learns a lesson from it....

·
Registered
605 Posts
Awwww poor Indy

Ciara is a toughie with the "big" dogs with having Schafer as her big bro but last night we came across a 5 mth old Husky who was HUGE and i mean HUGE the poor owner had trouble standing when he was pulling. Ciara decided she wanted to go and say hello and when she realiased she was out of her depth she did the "submissive" pose flat on back legs in the air and let him walk over her. When she stood up he came after her an literally stood over her - her back rubbing his belly 8O

Oh the joys of having a playfull pup

Paula

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
OMG you could be describing Twix, the biggest wimp in history :lol: :lol: :lol: She would never get a medal for bravery that is for sure, her best line of defence was always to run like ........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

She cut her paw and had a bandage on (with sock over it as she was out for a walk), she spent the whole walk on three legs with the feel sorry for me lab eyes :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad Indy is ok though and sometimes only other dogs can teach them the doggie manners (it worked for Jana :wink: ) :D

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drama Queen strikes again :lol:

We've just been for a walk, except 2 minutes after leaving the house the heavens open and it begins to persist it down :roll:

So, I suggest to OH we cut short the walk and take the 10 minute "round the block" route instead of the half hour one. I'm in a t-shirt and combats, he's in shorts and t-shirt. Indy all the while is making a big show of dipping her head and pawing at her ears, rubbing her eyes and generally being all dramatic that this stuff is coming out of the sky and getting all over her :roll:

Remember, this is the dog who will dive into the sea and let waves go over her head :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts