Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our pre-lab life, we have gone to France each year on a Eurocamp style holiday. Our two boys (aged 6 and 9) love it and we like the relaxed pace of life, as well as sleeping in a mobile home rather than a tent!

Apparently Keycamp (similar company) allow dogs, and I wondered if anyone had used them?

Also, has anyone had a family holiday with children and dog in France? Does it work re restaurants and beaches?

I know I shall need to start the PETS process soon if we are going to do it next July. Is the vet process in France fairly stright forward?

LOTS of questions!!! Thank you in advance :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hi Clarissa ,
went to the Vendee in France last year with keycamp.Stayed in a villa grand with a deck.Had a great week..have also used Eurocamp and they are almost identical!! but I would say the accomodation was better with keycamp.( and the price!).the vendee is so lovely would highly recommend it..the climate is similar to the south but much closer!!.Solly is 4 months and we also plan on starting the passport process soon so we can go again next year.I think you may be limited to certain types of accomodation with dogs ( I know you are in the UK). I would recommend going via the tunnel or short crossing as dogs have to stay in the car and on the Portsmouth crossing this could be 7 hours +. The restaurants etc are on the whole much more dog friendly than here.The french seem have a much more relaxed attitude to dogs in public places. ....enjoy :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Having just come back from our holiday in the south Vendee I was amazed at how dog friendly everywhere is. Some of the beaches we went to did say no dogs but the french didn't seem to take any notice!! We took the kids to a couple of activity type places which over here there would be no way you could take dogs into but they were all dog friendly, in fact there seemed to be very few places that you couldn't take them.
Having said that we would not take Ruby with us there because we feel it would be too warm for her to be comfortable. We had temps of between 25-30oC everyday and having seen how she was here when we had those hot days and the fact that we only took her out for a walk before 9am and after 8pm then what would we do with her for the rest of the time if we wanted to go out somewhere. We did see quite a few dogs out in the middle of the day but I guess they used to the heat.
We have been to Brittany for the last few years though and the weather there is much more like here so it would may be better to go somewhere like this.

Hope this helps

Chloe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts