Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are getting our pup in a few weeks time, and interested to hear from anyone who has had pups with similar lines, particularly on dad's side, to get an idea of temperament & personality.

His sire is Zandawn Time and Tide for Rhymsglo (Nelson), dam Lynquest Fortune Teller. We have seen both and dad is extremely handsome, and mum was lovely - very gentle.

We can't wait to have him home. Will be great to hear from anyone else with Nelson pups.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hello Mandie,

Not sure when you posted the question, but wanted to let you know we have daughter of Nelson's, she is nine months old and is very beautiful and very big. Obviously mum's are not the same, but she has a definite look of her dad, with the same melting eyes.

How are you getting on with your bundle of joy?

Hope all is well,

Ali and Penny (photo does not do her justice)
xxxxx

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi

Must have missed this post originally. Bonnie was sired by Zandawn Time and Tide for Rhymsglo.

She will be 6 months old on the 17th May when she is also due to take her Bronze KC test.

She is a lovely dog but definitely a handful and very quick to pick things up.

This picture was taken in April when she was 20 weeks old. I just love it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Angela and Ali,

Thanks for your replies, your girls are gorgeous! I haven't looked at this for while, so just saw your replies. Max is 6 months now, and he too defintely has a similar look to Nelson which we love - beautiful eyes.

Max is a lively boy, but also very quick to pick things up. His mum is really soppy and affectionate, and he has that in him too to endear us on the days he pushes his luck!

I posted some pics a while ago, I'll have to pop a couple more on.

Great to hear from you both,
Mandie x

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I appreciate the posts about Nelson are now rather elderly (as he is) but I thought you might be interested to know that we rehomed him 9 years ago from the kennels who owned him as their stud dog when the lady of the couple was diagnosed with a terminal illness and they decided to close the kennels.

At the time we had a fox red bitch (Barlavington Graffigna) and a rescue German Shepherd who were both in double figures of age. Nels is my 5th labrador.

Nels has been a magnificent joy to be privileged to own; while he is decidedly a one-man dog (me being the man), he is devoted to both of us, affectionate, trustworthy and possesses an inner calm and self-confidence that may well come from his size and strength - he has consistently weighed in at around 45 kg without being fat. A huge character and personality. Needless to say, he's very intelligent, learns very quickly and (most of the time!) seems positively to enjoy being well-behaved. The treats just might have something to do with that but he's always seemed ashamed when he's been caught out (very rarely).
Trousers Dog Dog breed Carnivore Mammal
Plant Sleeve Fence Grass Grassland
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Fence
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Companion dog

He is now very close to the end of his days, a prospect that fills me with dread, but we will both be able to look back on his time with us with love and gratitude.

I've put a few pictures of him with this post.
Trousers Dog Dog breed Carnivore Mammal
Plant Sleeve Fence Grass Grassland

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Fence
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Companion dog

I hope your experience with his offspring has been the same.

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
So sorry to read this. It never gets any easier. Run free big boy xx

Reactions: Time&Tide
1 - 10 of 10 Posts