Labradors Forums banner

Any sons/daughters of Cusses Gorse Girl and Pechasi Hazel Nut of Fallowfen aka Jim?

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnW 
#1 · (Edited)
This is our chocolate Labrador, Bouncy Miss Penny aka KC name: Flora Party Fairy is the daughter of Cusses Gorse Girl and Pechasi Hazel Nut of Fallowfen aka Jim.

Are there any siblings of Penny's out there?

See less See more
#2 ·
Not me. Penny is a mix of both working and show lines. On the working side she has Ged Leeson's Pintail Hector of Styleside. As yet there has never been a chocolate Field Trials Champion in the UK, but Pintail Hector certainly came the closest with 1 Open FT win, a 2nd and several third places. Sadly he never got his second win! On the show side you have several Lougin dogs bred by Brian and Trish Parrot.

#4 ·
Oh thats interesting re Penny being a mix of both working and show lines as thats news to me. She came to me as a working Labrador and she does look more like a working Labrador than a show Lab, the latter I'm thinking, are taller and bulkier? She has caught a pheasant while we were walking in Wales and was holding it in her mouth. I wished I had not left my mobile recharging behind or I would have taken a photo of her with the pheasant as it happened in a beautiful rural spot. I told her to drop it, which she did and it flew off! Phew!

Is Ged Leeson's Pintail Hector of Styleside related to Pechasi Hazel Nut of Fallowfen aka Jim? As I'm new to the forum and also Labradors as a breed, can you please explain what is Lougin or what Lougin means? Thanks.

#3 ·
Nor me. 🤣🤣

#5 ·
I’m guessing Lougin is an affix (kennel name).

#6 ·
Nor me either, but just to add to John's info about Pintail Hector, I did see footage of him working in the IGL retriever championship, and he was so unlucky to be put out, sent after a hen pheasant that had tucked herself well under some bracken, and failed to recall after not finding her initially. He did find her and made the retrieve, but was put out for not recalling.

#9 ·
If you click on the above you can enlarge it large enough to read it.

If you look on the back line you will see a dog "Morningtown Stormtrooper." Stormtrooper's dam was Morningtown Toblar. Toblar had 3 pups of note, the male Stormtrooper and two females, Morningtown Stormette and Morningtown Stormchoc of Rosetyne. Stormchoc was the dam of my Beth, the lightest of the two in this photo.

#11 · (Edited)
If you click on the above you can enlarge it large enough to read it.

If you look on the back line you will see a dog "Morningtown Stormtrooper." Stormtrooper's dam was Morningtown Toblar. Toblar had 3 pups of note, the male Stormtrooper and two females, Morningtown Stormette and Morningtown Stormchoc of Rosetyne. Stormchoc was the dam of my Beth, the lightest of the two in this photo.

View attachment 26609
Yes I can see Morningtown Stormtrooper on the back line, which means she was Penny's ancestor, on her dam's side? And also Aughacasla Sam of Drakeshead is Penny's ancestor on her sire's side?

Was Cusses Girl a Show Lab or a mix of both Show and Working? How do you tell which ancestor was a Working/Show Lab?

I've been told that Penny was something of an escape artist in climbing out of her litter pen and exploring the house while the rest of her siblings were content to stay put with their mother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.