Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only just found this section of the forum and glad I have. Would love to know if any of Bailey's family is on here.

Here goes...

PARENTS
Broadsamlee Have Faith - RIP
Jess of Topaz Express

GRANDPARENTS
Penlove Lucky Boy of Labralee
Broadsamlee Maby Baby
Topaz Express
Romping Rolo

GREAT GRANDPARENTS
Kenex Rowntree
Lambeeth Lady of Labralee
Labralee Majore at Broadsamlee
Broadsamlee Merry Muffin
Monty's Lad
Tess Brown Lady
Bargoed Bedwyr
Lynwens Loverley Lady

GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS
Jimjoy Tempo
Coco Brown Bear
Jimjoy Someone Special
Kenwu Ho So Bright
Vintage Cocktail of Labralee
Fair Damsel of the Morn at Labralee
Lapema's Otto at Jimjoy
Labralee Dome Black
Rossbank Hasso at Gingies
Enchanting Lady Bella
Ben Maesy Deri
Branwens Bronzed Beauty
Jackson Jake
Kadons Chocolate Charmer
Irafdob Bulk
Bridget Hastings

To be honest, we have BIG trust issues with the breeders so I wouldn't be suprised if the pedigree is made up...hope not :( :(

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
is he KC registered? What happened to the dad?

I know there are a few members milling around the site with Kenex Rowntree offspring.

Hally (and therefore Hope, Bronte, Dream etc) are all related through Bargod Bedwyr and Monty's Lad

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he's not KC Registered.

We were led to believe that he couldn't be, as the old owners of his mom wouldn't sell the paperwork to the breeders. We were obv naiive in them days and new to pupply land. We had read up prior to purchasing Bailey though in terms of health tests.

The breeders showed us what we now know were false hip score certificates. His dad's were double what they told us and his mom, well only God knows, she has never been KC registered. They said they had approximate scores of 5 and 5 but I don't believe that for a second, they're full of it. Bailey has HD :( :(

This is why we are so interested in finding his family, it goes without saying we don't speak with the breeders anymore.

His dad passed away suddenly last year at the age of 3 after eating something ?poisonous in the park :( :(

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi, had a look, right Odi has Branwen's Bronzed Beauty-Great Great Grandparent
Jackson Jake - Great Great Grandparent
Kardons Chocolate Charmer -Great Great Grandparent
Rossbank Hasso at Gingies- Great Great Grandparent
Bargoed Bedwyr -Great Grandparent
Monty's Lad- Great Grandparent

I've also got a Jimjoy Jamaica Rum as aGGGGrandparent, whether he is related to your Jimjoy Tempo and Jimjoy Someone Special?

Do you know any background on these dogs? It's so interesting!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Lucy is related through: Bargoed Bedwyr, Jackson Jake

And this maybe a mistake on his pedigree or sp as i have these two:
Kadons Chocolate Charmer
Irafdob Bulk
As being: Karons Chocolate charmer and Irafdob buck

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Yes Linzi - your names are correct :wink:

Jimjoy Tempo is a Jimjoy Jamaica Rum grandson.

Jimjoy Jamaica Rum is by AM CH Lindall Mastercraft to a CH Fabracken Comedy Star daughter and has quite a prolific pedigree which is not far off 'spot the black' amongst the sea of red.

JJ do have some very nicely bred stud dogs and use all the available health tests - they were very helpful to me when I set out on my quest to research Labbie family trees (at which my Dbase now sits at over 30K dogs)

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Sorry! No Luna relatives :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Bailey Love,
just looked at Sam's pedigree paperwork and he has Kenex Rowntree as a great grandparent on both his mothers and fathers side. :-s :scratch:

Grandparents : Parents:
Ciesznski Take it all - Chrisy Cocoa Queen } Gary Choice

Master Gallaxy Galloway - Lady Daniel } Fair Spin

Bailey Love can i ask where you got your puppy from???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I joined this website, so I could throw some light onto this. Tis not good I am afraid, however I purchased a puppy thinking that her mother was locked in the garden. Two days later and at the vets, found out we had purchased a puppy off a puppy farm. As out Vet is very high in the vet world, we had purchase the puppy in Wokingham, to find that she was in fact born at a puppy farm in Wales, luckily this particular farm had good health record. The sticker covering the previous vets revealed the true loaction.

I am not saying that your puppy is from a puppy farm, but my bitch shares some genology, the reason why its so hard to find is that the puppy farms want it hidden, I have however managed to get this info from other sites and it matches up, ie, Bargoed Bedwyr has same parents etc, so I expect your tree is correct.
Bargoed Bedwyr Jackson Jake
Karons Chocolate Charmer Tyton Lord Hastings
Chocolate Jazmin
Penrherber Lord Toby of Nalexi
Mi Tierra • Boothgates Headliner
• Tyton Casca
• Flindersia Spice of Life Tyton
• Pollyanna of Bryncerdin
• Tyton Lord Hastings
• Gentle Phoebe
• Clair Logis Fudge
• Cordon Bleu Classique
(above Bargoed Bedwyr is sasha’s paternal grandfather)

Bargod Bedwyr Jackson Jake Tyton Lord Hastings
Chocolate Jarmin
Karons Chocolate Charmer Penrhrber Lord Toby
Mia Tierra
Folly Fudge Such Good Value Sunshine wonder Boy
Kisy Nell
Leinad Clementine Magic Monty
High Seven

Sorry it hasn't pasted correctly. Sasha's grandfather is also her great grandfather on her maternal side. There is alot of inter breeding that goes on, so your generation list is probably correct as to what it states which is why there will be discrepancies with others.

My other lab's geneology was very easy to find as well as pics of his ancestors etc using a google search. Sasha's was so very different.

All the info from my knowledge was passed onto the Kennel club.
But despite my bitch Sasha, born 17.12.08 in a godsforsaken puppy farm, she is an awesome dog with excellent retrieval skills and instant recall. She is in excellent health and I constantly advise people to get thier puppies from an approved kennel club breeder.

I hope this helps. Will post pics later

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
b-linda said:
The sticker covering the previous vets revealed the true loaction.
This is not uncommon with some of the dogs from West Wales in-particular and suggests the vets are working in cahoots with the PF :( (Usually the same vets)

b-linda said:
My other lab's geneology was very easy to find as well as pics of his ancestors etc using a google search. Sasha's was so very different.
This would be the same for virtually any lab which is predominantly pet bred - your Sasha won't be any different to that.

The lines you've identified are a mix of pet, commercial breeders and some with a tendency to working farms (as opposed to puppy farms).

Many of those dogs were actually fully health tested in line with the tests of their time and I know of one or two who were stopped producing if a problem was found.

Part of the problem arises because the stud dogs are allowed to stand for untested (and sometimes unregistered) bitches - you will find many pet bred dogs across the UK with these lines behind them and breeders from a myriad of backgrounds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
May i ask, is it a breeder in great barr without naming them, you got bailey from? im thinking of going with them for a chocolate and have had the same description asto why i may not get paperwork.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Kingmalouda16 said:
May i ask, is it a breeder in great barr without naming them, you got bailey from? im thinking of going with them for a chocolate and have had the same description asto why i may not get paperwork.
Then please walk away, if people refused to buy puppies that weren't KC registered then puppy farms would cease to exist.

If there was no demand there would be no supply, end of

Please don't encourage the breeding of any more litters from these dreadful places there are plenty of good breeders you can purchase your puppy from who will have all the correct paperwork including healthchecks.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Kingmalouda16 said:
Absolutely have to agree with Daisyy - buy from breeders who KC register their pups and as an absolute MINIMUM hipscore their dogs and carry out annual eye tests.

Visit the Labrador Health Website for more information on health testing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts