Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone

i have posted a couple of questions over the last couple of days as i just got her this weekend, the breeder has given me some start off food, which dry food, rice and tripe mixed together... i would really like to change the tripe, as it stinks lol and makes her mell aswell.. any body have any suggestions what i could change it to?

Thanx

Laura

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations on your new pup. If you do change her food make sure you do it gradually of a week or so. I feed Ben pedigree puppy complete dry with a bit of puppy meat mixed in when we first got him. He is now 7 months old and our vet told us to change it as pedigree can be quite rich and it can make them put weight. We now feed him purina pro plan large breed puppy. I think someone asked this a while ago and got alot of different foods suggested. Just remember to allow for all those treats we give them too (its those eyes :puppydogeyes: ) :lol: At the end of the day its what ever is convenient (and available) for you, as pro plan is not sold in pet shops, only at vets and some pet warehouses. goodluck

Cristina

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Laura
If you've only just got her I'd leave her on the food the breeder recommended for at least a couple of weeks. What dry food are you feeding her? and is it raw tripe? You will probably get as many answers to what food to give as you get replies :D and there is no one food that suits all dogs. If you're looking for a complete (as opposed to meat and mixer or BARF) then my preference would be naturediet (wet) and burns (dry) - JMHO.
There's some more info on this link.
http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-6.html
HTH :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please bear in mind that a premium bag of dog food that retails for £30 for 15kg typically costs less then £5 to produce, so is unlikley to have what I would call premium ingredients in it!

We eat either 'all in one' which is a holistic dried food or we have wholebake biscuit with raw meat - cos mum dosent usually have the organisational skills to do the veg bit of BARF. We have this cos we tried all sorts but Truffle looked really rough and was moulting all of the time and we thinl she is allergic to manufactured vitimins. Of course we also like to have our garlic and live yougart and mums biscuits and anything else we can scrounge including cat poo :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts