Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kaiser is turning 10 in March and seeing as he's reaching a milestone and going into double figures i'd like to make him a birthday cake :D I made him one about three years ago but honestly can't remember how i made it or what i put in it :rolleyes:
Ideally i'd like it to be healthy-ish because although he'd probably like to have it all to himself, he's not allowed to be mean and has to share with Inca and she only has to look at a piece of kibble and she puts a kilo on lol.
So has anyone got any recipes they can share that are not going to be too bad for Inca's waistline? :)

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
I made Luna a nearly 10 birthday cake for last weekend. It was an easy make and bake which is good as I'm no chef!
Will post up the recipe tomorrow for you x

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi Leanne you can google recipes for liver cake. I prefer the one without wheat, and substituted it for oats. The 'icing' could be pate :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Leanne you can google recipes for liver cake. I prefer the one without wheat, and substituted it for oats. The 'icing' could be pate :)

I've thought about liver cake but when i make it i normally blitz the liver up but my food processor is on the blink so ideally need something i don't have to rely on the use of the processor for.
I had a search for other recipes but it either took me to something too full on or to recipes of human birthday cakes in the shape of dogs :roll eyes: haha

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
Not quite what you are looking for, but last year when we were holding a canine eye testing session, it just happened to fall on my birthday. So the ladies organised a birthday cake for me. Everybody who attended that day got a slice of the cake! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Loving the idea of tuna cake AliMack :) One of my lot doesn't do well with wheat, but guess I could substitute that for oats to bulk up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts