Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Has anyone tried the homeopathic remedy 'Anxiety' on their dog? You can get it from:
http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/anxiety.php

I wanted to share my recent experience of it as I am impressed so far. One of our dogs, Ruth, is a 'failed' guide dog, who was withdrawn from training because she tends to be worried about random things (her hackles go up and she backs away/barks/growls depending on the situation). We have been working on her confidence over the few weeks we've had her, with gradual improvement, which has been great. We tried her on Rescue Remedy, with no noticeable effect - though I've known other dogs for whom it has worked very well. She tends to get particularly worried when we have visitors in the house - our policy has been to leave her be and ask people to ignore her, let her approach them when she's brave enough, and this has been helping, so we'll continue with it. We've also got visitors to chuck a ball for her (she LOVES her ball), which helps her overcome her wariness.

Anyway, on another forum I read that a lot of people had been having great success using 'Anxiety' during fireworks, on dogs that were normally terrified of them. So I got some for Ruth, wondering if it would help her to be less afraid when we have visitors in the house. We had friends over for lunch yesterday (whom Ruth has never met before) so I gave her some of the Anxiety the night before, then a couple of doses in the morning before they arrived. The dog that greeted our friends was quite different from her normal self - she ran over to them just the same as our other dog, tail wagging, sniffing them, letting them all stroke her. She seemed very relaxed and happy.

Being naturally sceptical I will of course be trying it again and comparing the results with Ruth's response to unexpected visitors when she hasn't had any of the remedy. After all, maybe these particular friends just seemed less threatening to her! But... I am very hopeful. Anybody else had experience of Anxiety?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Swilsy,

Thank you for letting us know about the homeopathic remedy, i haven't used it before for our Lab, but i have a friend who has used it before with her two collies.

I have heard it supposed to be very good also, and i'm pleased to hear it's helping Ruth, i hope it continues to work and makes her feel less anxious.

The website for Company of Animals doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but i will check again later.

All the best with Ruth.

Regards,

Julie

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Swilsy
I have no experience of this, but would be interested to know what homeopathic remedy it contains.

If the problems are fear related, have you tried DAP Difuser. You can get DAP collars too (although from France, not available in the UK yet).

Sounds like your doing well with her though and would be interested to know how you get on with the 'Anxiety'.
:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi lablover, the ingredients are listed as:

Chamomilla, Valeriana, Borax, Cypripedium Pub., Ignatia A., Colch. Verat. A., 6&30C in 20% USP alc. in purified water.

Double dutch to me!

I might well get a DAP diffuser too - one reason I went for Anxiety initially was that I wanted something that would also help when she's out and about. Or do the DAP's effects last for a while when the dog's out of the house? I will check out the DAP collar too, thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi swillsy
Thanks for that. I work in comp therapy although not homeotherapy, but have a friend who is, so will try to find out more.

The dap diffusers only effect the local area, but you can get dap collars from France. Check out here http://www.zubialcompany.com/zoobial/zeshop/paraPD.html
They are worn all the time, and so the effect lasts while they are out.
Only thing is that you can't get them wet, so need to be taken off if swimming/bathing.
HTH :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts