1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought a similar one for Sasha and it does help, she gulps her food like its going out of fashion. She does get frustrated towards the end though and picks it up with her teeth and tries to run off with it lol

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I have got similar for Bruno, but he also manages to tip his over to scoff the the remainder when he gets fed up.

He has always inhaled his food since he came to us [3 years now, no improvement :( ] .

I have tried various methods to slow him down but it seems ingrained and must admit he is always hungry, even when he has just been fed :roll:

Suzie is just as bad, they both come from similar background ie puppy farms [exbreeding dogs] seem to be the norm when they have been deprived of regular food in their past life :( .

Mischa has the same food and amount, she eats nicely and takes her time but has had normal life from puppy hood, I think that is telling us about the damage starvation does to some of these sad souls.

June

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I use a similar type for Millie. She does not tip it and it has worked, although she has speeded up since she first had it. I used one on Lexi for a while, and it worked so well she is now back to a normal bowl and eats at a fairly normal speed so yes, they do work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Angus has a large size bowl, the same as the one in your link, and it takes him around twice as long to eat his dinner. Definitely has reduced the amount of stinky farts too! :lol:
Nearly all positive reviews on Amazon as well.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi Cay,
I bought this exact one for Chewy from Amazon (it was about twice the price from the pet shop) and it's been brilliant. The first time I presented it to her she did look at me like I had killed her babies or something then figured out how to tip it up with her nose, I now put the bowl in a large tupperware and she can't tip it up.

She still eats quite fast but it's a *lot* slower than it used to be and I've noticed she sometimes even *chews* now! Lol.

It has also helped with gassy issues.... :oops: She used to be a bit farty and this has completely stopped since we got this bowl. :D

Jen

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks positively reviewed all round.

Question is, what size if bowl makes it 'harder' for them ? Medium or Large ?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought the one in your link above Cay - in size medium. I always have to wipe her littley nosey now because she gets food on it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
StormDust said:
I bought the one in your link above Cay - in size medium. I always have to wipe her littley nosey now because she gets food on it!
bought it in medium today and fed jack with it for the first time today he usually eats in 20 seconds flat if that ...his tea tonight has taken him 15 minutes and as i write this hes still licking the bits from inbetween ...i guess we see how it goes hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts