Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theo is now only crated at night or if we're out for a long time, but this is more for Goldie's sake than his, but during the day he's left in the hall and kitchen if we're out for a short period and has the run of downstairs if someone is home. He is rather partial to sitting on the sofa/chairs in the evenings even though he's not allowed so we've been looking into getting him a more substantial bed than what he's got (I think the sofa is more comfy than the crate liner he has in the lounge in the evenings). We're looking at getting a zippy as when the time does come to decrate him (being brutally honest, when Goldie has gone, which could technically be any day) we want the bed to be used instead of the crate and it needs to be comfy enough to rival the sofa!

Anyway the question, How chewproof are the Zippy Beds?. Theo isn't a massive chewer anymore, his current 2 beds were only chewed when he was shut in the crate either overnight or when we were out and done more in protest at being left to be honest, but he does sometimes still think about having the odd nibble.

A

·
0 Posts
We have one for Rueben and he's never even attempted to chew it. He did try to dig in it the first day it came :roll: but didn't do any damage to it at all (and believe me, he had a really good go)!

Rueben still likes a snuggle on the sofa but it was night times we wanted the zippy bed for as I couldn't get Rueben to sleep on the floor of the bedroom. From day one he has LOVED his zippy bed and hasn't even attempted to get on our bed since!

To be honest, since we've had Rueben we've spent money on all sorts of doggy related things and buying the zippy bed was the best money we ever spent! :lol:

And no, I'm not on commission! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Anita, sounds like they are pretty tough then :) I don't think he will chew it but it's more of a just in case, mum isn't keen on spending £40 on something Theo could wreck in 10 minutes.

Hopefully Theo will find it super comfy and we won't keep finding him curled up on the sofa!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts