Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if I still qualify as a Lab owner as sadly had to put down my poor old girl (a 15 year old lab X ) a week ago and I still haven't got used to not having her around :cry:

Was torturing myself with the lab pics belonging to all you lucky people, but on the bright side I ended up here :)
so 'Hi' all and sniffs all round!

·
Premium Member
11,599 Posts
Hello and welcome to LF.Sorry to hear about losing your old lab x girl.We really miss them when they are not around.RIP sweet one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Margaret...youre so right, it's always hard when you lose one but there's comfort in knowing she had a grand old life.
The old girl defined the meaning of 'spoilt bitch' :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jammy -
...your yellow is the spit of a lab we had when I was a kid...funnily enough he was called dodger...HA if they were related we'd have a jammy dodger

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, it must be a really tough time for you right now. I went through the same thing with my old Harry in December, and I still miss him. It took months for me to take the plunge again and I now have my hands full with a 6 month old pup. A very different dog but lots of fun.

I wish I had known of this forum when I lost Harry. I don't know if you have seen the Rainbow Bridge section of the site where people post about the pet they have lost. I would have found it so therapeutic to share my loss with people who would understand. Maybe you might find it helpful.

Norma

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF, sorry to hear about your old girl, 15 is agreat age for a Lab and no doubt she had a great life in her time with you, hopefully once the initial shock and pain begins to subside, you can look back on her life and find yourself smiling at some of the things she got up to :)

We never get over the loss of a pet, they always have that place in our hearts :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts