Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week I've been giving Pebbles raw food after reading the older threads about BARF feeding. I've been getting chicken wings, hearts. liver. beef mince and turkey mince from supermarket. Apart from a couple of marrow bones from the buthcer's shop I'm having trouble getting other bones. other than chicken wings. OH asked the butcher today for lamb ribs but they don't have them so he bought some lamb breast as an alternative. They look a bit leathery but I take it its ok to give her this?? Any advice please.
She is having chicken livers & veg tonight. Hopefully will give her the lamb breast tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Most of the bones our butchers give are also the marrow type gnawing ones not crunch down and eat the whole lot.

The supermarkets are mainly useless as few butcher their own meat but morrisons sell their lamb and beef bones off the shelf for about 20p if you have one near you?

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Lamb breast is fine, if its a largish piece you can split in two and make it last two meals for her, but not on the same day as too much bone causes constipation :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sarah, I will try Morrison's over the weekend.

And thanks Mary. I think there will be enough for two meals with added veg.

I worry she may not be getting enough bones as those she does get so far have been from chicken wings only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts