Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to view a litter of pups today, and after much cuddling and MANY puppy kisses (oh, how I missed puppy breath!), I appear to have fallen in love all over again. Nothing can 'replace' the Labs that came before, but I've found myself a gorgeous (even if I do say so myself) yellow boy who will be joining our family on February 3rd. I was sure the next two and half weeks would draaaaaag by, but we have been invited back to visit him while we wait, so tomorrow my middle child and I will be going back so that she can meet him. The only hard part is going to be explaining to her why she can't take him home yet! I had to take a photo with my phone as I did not take a camera with me, so it isn't brilliant, but here is a photo of our Dexter... who I will attempt to get a better, more flattering photo of tomorrow! Now comes the OTHER best part of a new puppy... the shopping for all of his gear! :D :D :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already started shopping for him. I picked out a collar and leash set, and then I ordered his ID tag. Tomorrow I am going to dig out the puppy crate to see what sort of shape it is in, and get a new bed for it (that is, assuming that the crate itself is still in one piece and not in need of replacement!). Of course, the last time we brought a puppy home, my husband simply could not bear to hear him cry after the fourth night in a row, and his insistence that it was 'just one night' ended in the dog sleeping on the foot of our bed until the day he passed away. And he says I'M the pushover. Anyway, it is all under way now, and I just need to figure out what to do with myself until February (other than shop for dog things)! Even my son, who at first was not sold on the idea of what he viewed as a 'replacement' dog, has admitted that he is excited now that it is all going ahead. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts