Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all love poo talk an i thought who better to share this with..... :lol: :lol:

My OH justs hock his head in total disbelief when i told him..he doen;t get it.

Ok so Alfie's poo's have been firm or so i thought! As you know i'm changing him over to adult food and in the space of 36 hrs OMG what a difference.. 3 nice cigar shaped poo's that are so easy to pick up.... :D :D

Toniet while walking him he needed to go and i thought here goes trying to get it all again...i didn;t have to worry...lol

so just thought i would share.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
It's quite enlightening isn't it? :lol: I always thought Bracken's poos were ok on puppy food, not super firm, but not sloppy either. THEN, I discovered the wonder of adult food and the perfect poos it produced. Ahhh, happy days :D :D :D

·
Administrator
21,514 Posts
Oh the things dog owners find to talk about. Poo consistency, sick colour, ticks, fleas! Some of you new dog owners dont realise the conversations you can now have! :geek:

John :lol:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TISME said:
What adult food are you feeding please??

Cheers
He has just moved onto the adult version of purina Beta, thats the puppy food he was on.

John,

LOL... he hasn;t been sick yet so that wil be a whole new topic for me.. :lol:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Rosie's been on the dry complete James Wellbeloved for months. I'm on my third bag - she's been on Turkey & Rice, and we just finished Lamb & Rice (well you do like to give them a variety :lol: ) Then last week I bought a whopping 15kg's of their Duck & Rice (in fact its an 18Kg bag because I got 3kg's free) and she's producing not-nice-cigar-shaped-easy-to-pick-up's; but the other kind. I'm hoping she'll settle on it because otherwise what on earth am I to do with it all? I didn't expect her to have a problem just by a change of flavour!

·
Administrator
21,514 Posts
he hasn;t been sick yet so that wil be a whole new topic for me..
With the kind of things Labradors find interesting to put in their mouths you will certainly get that pleasure one day! Mark my words!! :twisted:

John :wink:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I had to put my hand in the sick the other day to collect up some mushroom samples in case the vet needed to ID what type of mushy it was. Then said tupperware box of puke was kept in the fridge for a couple of days, just in case delayed poisoning ensued and the sample was still needed.

Must admit, that was a new low for me.... fishing around in a pile of sick and then refrigerating it! Can that be our secret please???

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
:lol: :lol: Oh dear the things we do as caring owners!

So far my low points have been

a) when an abcess on my cats neck burst down my shoulder
b) when I had to collect a urine sample from same cat

I've had sick-poo-wee clearing up with the dog but nothing comes close as having stinking pus all down your shoulder :lol: :lol:

Lovely!!!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Oh yes, lots of lovely conversations about dog pooh. I have had a good rummage around in pooh and sick when mine have been poorly, pulled long bits of grass (and other stuff) from the bottom end and goodness knows what else - no chance I'd ever do that for a human, well not an adult one anyway :lol:

I didn't find Minnie-Moo's poohs really changed when she moved to adult food but the puppy Naturediet is pretty similar to the adult anyway so they were nice and firm from the start.

Talking of pooh, I was walking back to the pooh bin earlier on a walk after one of mine had been and I got back to a few other people out walking their dogs. The guy asked if I was just walking back to bin the pooh and when I said yes, he very kindly said he'd take it back for me as they went past to save me doing it. How kind :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL as I read this topic!

On a serious note, at what age can pups go on to adult food? Jess is a lot better on Wainwrights than Beta but still not 100%...so interestin to read about changing to adult food may help...

Cheers - Vix

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vix, my pup is 17 weeks old and he's been changed and its only coz no where local sold the puppy brand.

Some on here don;t even bother with puppy food, think its entirely your choice what age you change them at.

·
Premium Member
11,617 Posts
This post made me laugh.Yes since i joined the forum,i have enjoyed reading about poo.I have also pulled grass out of Tara's nether regions.I am sure my Sister would be shocked at what some people do for their animals.She is not an animal lover like me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i had to the grass out of the bottom thing this morning. really didn't want to be running around in my dressing gown after a startled dog with grass hanging out of her a*se 8O :roll:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this has really made me chuckle...no grass out the bottom as yet with Alfie although i did that on a few occasions with the late Madison.x

1 - 20 of 32 Posts